SiouxSports.com Forum

NORTH DAKOTA vs. Manitoba - Sunday GAMEDAY

AZSIOUX

5:30 faceoff at the Ralph then onto a home and home with BSU to start the regular season...

6-1

Parks, Nschmaltz, Johnson, Ladue, pagonski, mac

That's the score I was thinking when I opened this thread.   Caggiula gets at least one, as does Parks.  

Nice to have the season finally here. 

Btw, when's the last time we had 6 players on the team from either Nodak or EGF?   Lot of local talent. 

UND forward lines: O'Donnell-MacMillan-Parks | Pattyn-Gaarder-Murphy | Caggiula-Johnson-Schmaltz | Chzyk-Sanderson-Poganski

UND defense pairings: LaDue-Schmaltz | Mattson-Stecher | Ausmus-Poolman | Thompson-Panzarella | Goalies: McIntyre-Johnson-Hrynkiw

St Clair is the extra forward.

UND forward lines: O'Donnell-MacMillan-Parks | Pattyn-Gaarder-Murphy | Caggiula-Johnson-Schmaltz | Chzyk-Sanderson-Poganski

UND defense pairings: LaDue-Schmaltz | Mattson-Stecher | Ausmus-Poolman | Thompson-Panzarella | Goalies: McIntyre-Johnson-Hrynkiw

St Clair is the extra forward.

Initial thoughts:

• MacMillan line is what everyone expected, as is the Johnson line.  I'm guessing that Johnson and N. Schmaltz will both take shifts at center on that line.  Remember, Johnson started out at center last year.
  • Murphy on the third line.  Hopefully he had a big summer.  Most people have written him off, but if he comes in motivated and driven, he could easily develop into an impact player down the road.
  • Surprised to not see Simonson or Olson in the lineup, and St. Clair as the extra forward instead of Sanderson.
  • Surprised that Thompson is not in the Top-6.  Getting in the lineup this year, as a defenseman, is going to be a battle each and every week.
  • LaDue-Schmaltz, if they stay together, could be the best pairing in the country.  Both All-American caliber players.  I really doubt they stay together.
  • No reason to comment on the goaltenders, only question is which goalie is going to play the handful of games this year that Zane doesn't?

We need to remember that some of these guys the coaches already know what they are getting from them (St. Clair) and others are trying to play their way into the lineup. I wouldn't read anything into line combos at this point after one practice.

Initial thoughts:

• MacMillan line is what everyone expected, as is the Johnson line.  I'm guessing that Johnson and N. Schmaltz will both take shifts at center on that line.  Remember, Johnson started out at center last year.
  • Murphy on the third line.  Hopefully he had a big summer.  Most people have written him off, but if he comes in motivated and driven, he could easily develop into an impact player down the road.
  • Surprised to not see Simonson or Olson in the lineup, and St. Clair as the extra forward instead of Sanderson.
  • Surprised that Thompson is not in the Top-6.  Getting in the lineup this year, as a defenseman, is going to be a battle each and every week.
  • LaDue-Schmaltz, if they stay together, could be the best pairing in the country.  Both All-American caliber players.  I really doubt they stay together.
  • No reason to comment on the goaltenders, only question is which goalie is going to play the handful of games this year that Zane doesn't?

Agreed pretty shocked Thompson isn't higher, but it's early.  Also, the olson sit has to be because of the drinking incident.  Looks like Hak is seeing if Murphy has improved, I have nothing against that.

Agreed pretty shocked Thompson isn't higher, but it's early.  Also, the olson sit has to be because of the drinking incident.  Looks like Hak is seeing if Murphy has improved, I have nothing against that.

That was my first thought with Olson sitting as well and I believe Hak has used this as a punishment in the past as well.