SiouxSports.com Forum

Robert Morris game thread

Nodak78

i dont see Mollberg running the offense if they are going to improve from this game.

Only saw the 2nd half, but the whole offensive unit had bad timing throughout.  Everybody seemed a half step off, especially the OL.

The RMU DL seemed to be in the off backfield every time, especially on running plays.  The OL needs major improvement, and then QB play will improve.

I know he is working under adverse conditions with the state of our O line, but when was the last time Molberg showed anything like what we expected of him  under game conditions.  He was given the number one position for the second year, but doesn't seem to be able to hold it.  

Mollberg 8-21 for 155. Thoughts?

Sorry, I generally don't like to rip on players, but Last year he had receivers wide open all season and could not hit them - and he still can not hit an open receiver this year..   UND had better be recruiting a QB because he ain't it.

Was at game...9118 in attendance.

This team already tackles better than any Muss squad.

#2O and #94 stood out on D.

Molberg right now is UND's equivalent of Mertens at SU. He was brutal tonight.

Bottom line have to improve running the ball and stopping the run.

Isn't a blocked kick a live ball? Why didn't UND pick it up and try and return it? We saw UND get burnt on that play last year at the Al.

I remember them getting burned by touching the ball after the block. I think more bad can happen than good. I think most coaches would advise staying away.

great comparison to mertens....they look the part but maybe just arent'?

Good post.

I think we have a good group of LBs. #12 and #15 are pretty smooth. The transfer from Kansas must be learning the defense cause he played well when he was in and looks the part but isn't in the field much.

Isn't it great seeing what can happen when the fans stick around and get loud? The crowd noise was absolutely the reason the snap was fumbled by RMU on that last play on 4th down. QB was clapping his hands and yelling, but the center could not here him. Fans need to recognize this and not just get loud one play a game. Needs to be like this every 3rd down.... Or more!!! It does make a difference !!

Just got back to Fargo from the game.  My thoughts:

Offense....needs work!!  (I know obvious right). 

Defense....good and bad. The DL did a great job tackling, the secondary didn't do a great job tackling.

Special Teams: 3 FG's and 1 miss, not too bad; blocked FG and XP...great job!!!

Penalties killed us!!!! 

Turnovers: 3 RMU  1 UND.....nice job!!

Overall I think if the offense gets that running game going, along with the improving defense UND could win some games that looked like losses last year.