SiouxSports.com Forum

2014-2015 College Hockey (non UND hockey)

MafiaMan

So Penn State is currently leading the BIG in points.....I know they have played more games then Minnesota. But still!!! A team that has been in existstance at the Division 1 level fewer years then I have been a college hockey fan. Embarrassing for teams in that conference.

It is embarrassing but hopefully it helps other schools believe they can become competitive quickly and grows college hockey. That being said, I'd bet money against ASU being at the top of the NCHC in their 3rd year as a varsity team(assuming they land in the NCHC).

So Penn State is currently leading the BIG in points.....I know they have played more games then Minnesota. But still!!! A team that has been in existstance at the Division 1 level fewer years then I have been a college hockey fan. Embarrassing for teams in that conference.

Wisconsin is what is embarrassing, a top D1 program that can't find ways to win games.  

It is embarrassing but hopefully it helps other schools believe they can become competitive quickly and grows college hockey. That being said, I'd bet money against ASU being at the top of the NCHC in their 3rd year as a varsity team(assuming they land in the NCHC).

I think ASU will be competitive in their 3rd year in the NCHC or at least competing for the last home ice spot in the playoffs.   

I wonder if Qwoz is interested in the ASU job?

ASU is going with the coach they have now.

Or the Baddgers job,hmmmmmm

Gwozdecky is one of three coaches the Badger fans would take on Buckyville, the other two are Blasi and Hakstol (they don't see Blasi or Hakstol ever taking the job, but would take them over Eaves).

Wisconsin is now entering the toughest stretch of their season with BU, Michigan Tech and Minnesota.  1-16-1 is very very possible.   

That's got to hurt for the Badger faithful.  I can't imagine the screams if UND took such a turn. 

The great equalizer in college hockey is the 18 full rides.   Every night, there's guys out there playing major minutes that must be on partial scholarships (basic math, right?).

That's a big reason for Penn State getting competitive quickly (plus facilities and coaching).   And if ASU does it right, they can do it as well.

I wonder if Qwoz is interested in the ASU job?

I think Gwoz would be an ideal hire. A high-profile name to get some much needed credibility on the recruiting front. If George wanted a project with which to build from scratch from the ground up at the D-I level and have valuable input if/when they build a new arena, that would be the ideal place. Plus, you know ASU has the deep pockets to pay him. The only thing is, I could've sworn I read somewhere that, unlike Penn State, ASU said they'd keep their current coach when they make the transition.

I think Gwoz would be an ideal hire. A high-profile name to get some much needed credibility on the recruiting front. If George wanted a project with which to build from scratch from the ground up at the D-I level and have valuable input if/when they build a new arena, that would be the ideal place. Plus, you know ASU has the deep pockets to pay him. The only thing is, I could've sworn I read somewhere that, unlike Penn State, ASU said they'd keep their current coach when they make the transition.

Not sure why the ground up is a huge hurdle other than blue chipper recruiting, not like they are starting at the community rink with a bring your own equipment walk on only program. Taking over a program can have talent running for the exits too.

Wisconsin is now entering the toughest stretch of their season with BU, Michigan Tech and Minnesota.  1-16-1 is very very possible.   

The college hockey fans between here and Wisconsin are getting a pretty big kick out of Wisconsin's fall.  But that could really come back to haunt them.  In rivalry games you can throw out the records.  They have to play Wisconsin at least 4 times this year, and a loss or two will not help MN's pwr at all.

The college hockey fans between here and Wisconsin are getting a pretty big kick out of Wisconsin's fall.  But that could really come back to haunt them.  In rivalry games you can throw out the records.  They have to play Wisconsin at least 4 times this year, and a loss or two will not help MN's pwr at all.

The thing is, UW could go to the B1G tourney and win.

That would be awesome!

I'm not sure how awesome it would be.  It will take away an at-large bid from a deserving team.  If it's UND, I'm going to be bitter.  If it's a deserving NCHC team, I'll be unhappy.  If it happened to be someone like BC, MN or Michigan, we might be moving towards awesome. :p

An attempt to get Rutgers to start hockey?

From what someone said on USCHO there are no B1G schools adding hockey, so I'm not sure. 

The MSG thing has more to do with basketball, they are moving the B1G Tournament there with D.C. maybe hosting the B1G Tournament.

What a train wreck in madtown. My god things went bad quickly!

coaches, players and recruits...eaves may want to get fired at this point ha.

I think there will be more following Keegan. Eaves wanted Peterson to red shirt this year so they had a experienced goalie next year, but Peterson said no.