SiouxSports.com Forum

2014-2015 College Hockey (non UND hockey)

MafiaMan

Thought this was interesting:

http://www.sbncollegehockey.com/2014/12/16/7403999/thatcher-demko-whl-rights-traded-spokane-chiefs-calgary-hitmen-boston-college-hockey-east-wjc-2015

Demko from BC...potential goalie starter for the USA WJC team...just had his WHL rights traded to the Hitmen (the same team that plucked Adam Tambellini from us during the semester break last year).

Interesting timing for sure, even if the GM for the Hitmen claims that it was just a shot in the dark trade.

Kid will be 2nd pick no matter what. What would be the reasoning if so unless he's a complete moron in classroom and highly doubt that

@SNetJunior: Lot's of talk/speculation about Jack Eichel leaving BU for Saint John of the Q after the WJC on the 'Junior' podcast today. Will be up soon.

Demkos rights traded as well but it's been stated he will stay at BC for now

Kid will be 2nd pick no matter what. What would be the reasoning if so unless he's a complete moron in classroom and highly doubt that

@SNetJunior: Lot's of talk/speculation about Jack Eichel leaving BU for Saint John of the Q after the WJC on the 'Junior' podcast today. Will be up soon.

Demkos rights traded as well but it's been stated he will stay at BC for nak

Yeah I can't see the Eichel thing happening especially after his quotes in the recent article about why he chose the college route. The Demko trade is interesting and he hasn't looked quite as strong this year at BC but hopefully it is more just wishful thinking from Calgary than something that might actually happen.

Demkos rights traded as well but it's been stated he will stay at BC for nak

That would completly contradict the article goon wrote about yesterday. No way.

The Q, so he could throw up 100 pts in 26 games?

Just listened to that MJ podcast. One guy had 3 sources Eichel could bail. One reason given was possibly to play a pro schedule 2nd half since his 2nd pick status is a lock barring injury. Then they start drooling over a mcdavid vs Eichel match up

Just listened to that MJ podcast. One guy had 3 sources Eichel could bail. One reason given was possibly to play a pro schedule 2nd half since his 2nd pick status is a lock barring injury. Then they start drooling over a mcdavid vs Eichel match up

I would actually have to see it to believe it.  

These MJ lovers just can't accept a top 2 pick would dare play college. Ha what a bunch of jokers

Eichel shoots down rumors , also stick salutes with his bu teammates after the USA win

http://www.collegehockeynews.com/news/2014/12/19_eichel_shoots_down_qmjhl_rumors.php

The CHL and their minions will do absolutely anything to destroy NCAA hockey.  This does not surprise me.

My ears are buzzing...don't disappoint me like the Western Michigan camo/USA flags hot jersey mess...

Those weren't the Western Michigan jerseys I was talking about.

Here's a pick of the UAH grey jerseys

https://twitter.com/Mavpuck/status/546472439413108736/photo/1

The shoulders have a blue state of Alabama with a white star where Huntsville is, blue numbers, blue UAH with the horse head in white looks like it is outlined blue, and blue nameplate with white lettering.