SiouxSports.com Forum

2014-2015 College Hockey (non UND hockey)

MafiaMan

UMN is giving up a ton of shots to opponents this year.

MSU outshot them 45-24 in tonight's game. Yowza.

I pointed that out after the Bemidji series...Their defensive seems to be a little too offensive-minded. Wilcox is good, but getting outshot badly in an NCAA tournament going could spell doom for the Gophers.

I pointed that out after the Bemidji series...Their defensive seems to be a little too offensive-minded. Wilcox is good, but getting outshot badly in an NCAA tournament going could spell doom for the Gophers.

The Brent Darnell for Michigan State in the second showed how piss-poor the Gophers can play in their own zone. Darnell walked from the blue line around 3 Gopher defenders an scored to give Michigan State the lead in the 2nd. Minnesota was the better team, but they didn't show it yesterday.

The Brent Darnell for Michigan State in the second showed how piss-poor the Gophers can play in their own zone. Darnell walked from the blue line around 3 Gopher defenders an scored to give Michigan State the lead in the 2nd. Minnesota was the better team, but they didn't show it yesterday.

Yeah, with all the top ranked teams getting beat, there must be a lot of teams playing down to their competition. Or, the other team tends to play hard too, even if fans perceive them to be horrible.

Yeah, with all the top ranked teams getting beat, there must be a lot of teams playing down to their competition. Or, the other team tends to play hard too, even if fans perceive them to be horrible.

No way, man.  There is no other team influencing the outcome.

So Penn State is currently leading the BIG in points.....I know they have played more games then Minnesota. But still!!! A team that has been in existstance at the Division 1 level fewer years then I have been a college hockey fan. Embarrassing for teams in that conference.