SiouxSports.com Forum

2014-2015 College Hockey (non UND hockey)

MafiaMan

Anyone else see this:

http://www.buckys5thquarter.com/2015/3/12/8203745/mike-eaves-writes-apology-letter-to-wisconsin-hockey-fans

Mike Eaves wrote an apology letter to the UW fanbase for their disastrous season.

Ouch.

I'm guessing he felt obligated to write it given the assistant coach's comments in a recent interview.  The assistant basically said that Wisconsin has idiot fans who only look at W vs L and don't have a clue what else is actually going on.

I'm guessing he felt obligated to write it given the assistant coach's comments in a recent interview.  The assistant basically said that Wisconsin has idiot fans who only look at W vs L and don't have a clue what else is actually going on.

There are a lot of fans that resemble that comment. At many programs.

As there should be, 4-24-4 for a program like Wisconsin is inexcusable.

Grand Forks might get burned to the ground if UND ever had a record even remotely close to that.

Hell, it would be chaos if we missed the NCAAs!

Well...the Hakstol residence for sure, not sure about the rest of town. 

Grand Forks might get burned to the ground if UND ever had a record even remotely close to that.

Is isn't in UND's DNA to ever go to 4-24-4, I don't care how bad of a recruiting class or early leaves would be, we would never go 4-24-2. NEVER. 

• Upvote 1

Is isn't in UND's DNA to ever go to 4-24-4, I don't care how bad of a recruiting class or early leaves would be, we would never go 4-24-2. NEVER. 

I bet there's a lot of Wisconsin fans who have said the exact same thing a few years ago...

But I agree, it wouldn't get that bad. It shows a complete lack of leadership and pride from your team.  To only win 4 games in a conference as bad as the Big 10 is absolutely astounding.

I bet there's a lot of Wisconsin fans who have said the exact same thing a few years ago...

But I agree, it wouldn't get that bad. It shows a complete lack of leadership and pride from your team.  To only win 4 games in a conference as bad as the Big 10 is absolutely astounding.

UW's football and men's basketball are firing on all cylinders right now year in and year out.  Hockey is no longer important there, the results bear that out.  

Exactly.  I'm sure the coach was referencing the team's youth when he mentioned other circumstances going on.  The problem with that is 1) According to the above article, Wisconsin is only the 10th youngest team in the nation this year, and 2) Abundant youth is directly the result of Eaves' refusal to adjust his recruiting and class sizes in an attempt to balance.

The Ralph would be a smoldering wreck if UND had a season like Wisconsin has had. 

Is it out of the rhelm of possibility that, after their season ends, Wisconsin fires Eaves and then goes after Gwozdecky? After all, Gwoz played his college hockey there and we all know his successful track record at DU.

So you're saying Gwoz could be tight-roping the dashers at the Ralph as early as next year!

I could see Badgers fans screaming for Mark Johnson.

I know I'm putting the little red dot squarely in the middle of my chest; however, just because you can coach men does not mean you can coach women, and conversely, just because you can coach women does not mean you can coach men. 

• Upvote 2