SiouxSports.com Forum

2014-2015 College Hockey (non UND hockey)

MafiaMan

What is it with the stick salute police? If they want to salute their fans, so be it. I remember when Minnesota fans were mocking UND for saluting with a win and a tie. After all, we copied the stick salute.

Stick salute is one thing, the TCoS is ours and ours alone, though.  Doing it after sweeps is the traditional part.   The boys can stick salute after a tie or loss if they want to do that, it just wouldn't be a TCoS. 

Totally agree with you on the stick salute, tnt. Some teams do it every game to thank the fans for coming out. No problem in that.

What's next, b*tching about Army and Air Force lining up at attention after their games when they play the academy fight songs?

So who started the stick salutes?

IMHO, the stick aalute was a tip of the hat that said "couldn't have done it without you". I guess I tied that into accomplishing something, something that is difficult, as in a sweep.

Could care less what others do, but the OP was implying when will the "salute" become so watered down that it means nothing.

Maybe we should have a contest, what team and when will they start to have a stick salute after every period? What is next singing kumbaya with the band after the game?

So who started the stick salutes?

IMHO, the stick salute was a tip of the hat that said "couldn't have done it without you". I guess I tied that into accomplishing something, something that is difficult, as in a sweep.

Could care less what others do, but the OP was implying when will the "salute" become so watered down that it means nothing.

Maybe we should have a contest, what team and when will they start to have a stick salute after every period? What is next singing kumbaya with the band after the game?

Couldn't care less...

Sheesh, 90siouxfan, a little worked up this am over players raising their sticks in the air, aren't we?