SiouxSports.com Forum

SIOUX vs. GOPHERS - Thursday, F4 Philly style Gameday

AZSIOUX

Horrible ending and outcome but this team came to play, was prepared and was the better team tonight.

It's hockey...it's sports...it's life.

Proud of the effort and the game they played.

I was thinking the Armbrust goal in 97. Harmless play then pop and its over. Congrats to your guys on a great run.

Props to the Gophers, they are a talented team and gave UND their all. One good bounce with a tick left was all it took. Props to you, Sagard, for picking the 2-1 final. I was thinking the low score favored us...

Tough way to go out. I just feel sick. Hopefully this adds fuel to the fire this offseason and young guys take a big leap heading into next year. This is as disappointed as I've been in a long time but at least it wasn't due to effort. We played well just came up one bounce short.

As for gfhockey, get bent.

Are you forgetting what fan base we are talking about here? ??? They don't know what gracious means. :glare:

They've been alright so far....I fully expect the flak to start tomorrow though or by the weekend. They seem to be at least giving us the time to lick our wounds... =/

They've been alright so far....I fully expect the flak to start tomorrow though or by the weekend. They seem to be at least giving us the time to lick our wounds... =/

I'm not talking about the handful of posters on this site, I am talking about the toolboxes we used to deal with at the Final Five every year. Mark my words, the trolls will be on here soon rubbing our noses in it. I hope the Mods are ready.

North Dakota played one heck of a game...Tough way to lose but their game plan really created problems for Minnesota and the credit has to go to Hakstol for putting it together and the players for executing it. Probably the best game any team I saw play against Minnesota this year. Wilcox saved the Gophers bacon on the tipped shot right before the winning goal was scored and that turned out to be the difference.

That's the best I've seen und play all year. Minn is a great team this year and they just got the better bounce in the end. Also, I've got no problem with this gopher team because they're not a bunch of tools like Wheeler, Fairchild, baby luchia, and a few other disrespectful goofs from years past.

Today wasn't a total fail because BC lost and I feel great from that.

EVERYONE ATTN EVERYONE

go back and dvr the game winning goal

gophers had 5 men on the ice

they were on the PK

BREAKING

WHAT A CROC

If by 5 you are counting the goalie, then you're right.

They did have 5 skaters on the ice for the last face-off (with 0.6 seconds left). Frankly, it didn't matter - no one is scoring with 0.6 seconds left, even with no one on the ice and no goalie.

As a Minnesota fan, I thought UND outplayed Minnesota for large stretches of the game. Wilcox and Gothberg were unbelievable. Someone said earlier an ugly goal was going to win it - guess they were right.

UND should be proud of their team and their effort from tonight. They deserved better, but in a one and done tournament, anything can happen.

even your our on dave berger sees it

im not that drunk

Dave Berger@DBergerHockey 2m

Just to clarify... five Gopher skaters on the ice Should have been penalty/offensive zone faceoff/5 on 3.

Yea, you are. Clearly only four on the ice and three on the rush.