SiouxSports.com Forum

FROZEN 4 - Philadelphia - UND-MN-BC-UNION

AZSIOUX

My guess is that the highest seed plays the night game. Since the Gophers are overall #1, their semi-final is the night game. If SCSU would have won, the UND-SCSU game would have been the early game.

ESPN gets to pick, I knew they wouldn't be stupid enough to have the best rivalry in college hockey as the early game.

Somewhere, the rest of the NCAA is saying "dang it, why did we put Minnesota and North Dakota in different regions?"

I bet ESPN is loving this because they get this game on a bigger stage. Happening in the regionals wouldn't have quite as big of a TV draw.

ESPN gets to pick, I knew they wouldn't be stupid enough to have the best rivalry in college hockey as the early game.

Actually I'm surprised BC-Union is the early game...Espn usually cares very little about college hockey and even less if you are not named Boston College...but hey, I give them credit for putting the western teams into the prime time slot.

Actually I'm surprised BC-Union is the early game...Espn usually cares very little about college hockey and even less if you are not named Boston College...but hey, I give them credit for putting the western teams into the prime time slot.

I'm not surprised at all, it seems to me they usually go by name recognition of the schools/programs and UND/Minnesota certainly outweighs BC/Union.

If it had been BC and BU, or BC and Michigan, then ESPN probably would have put BC in the night cap. Union is the reason that game is first.

If it had been BC and BU, or BC and Michigan, then ESPN probably would have put BC in the night cap. Union is the reason that game is first.

My thoughts exactly. Can't think Union has a big fanbase outside of the immediate vicinity of the school.

I have to go with Minn. winning this one after their last two wins, but UND has surprised me so far this tournament so I wouldn't put it past them. Either way, I plan to cheer for the team who gets into the National title.Great job getting this far both teams.

I have to go with Minn. winning this one after their last two wins, but UND has surprised me so far this tournament so I wouldn't put it past them. Either way, I plan to cheer for the team who gets into the National title.Great job getting this far both teams.

Only difference? Minnesota hasn't played us yet. The 10 day wait provides nothing for momentum for either team, too.

Nothing to lose. Gonna be a long 10 days.

Somehow I knew it would come down to this.

Honestly, UMN and BC look to be the class of the collegiate ranks this year. Both teams can be very dominant when on their A game.

That said, they've both shown some chinks in their armor quite recently with UMN losing in the first game of the B10 tourney and BC not even making their tourney.

Sioux vs Gophers

Anything can happen...

Go Sioux!!

UMass-Lowell was a juggernaut last year...Yale absolutely skated circles around them and it STILL took an overtime goal to win it for the Bulldogs. Then, with 6-2, 4-1, and 3-0 losses against Quinnipiac already last season staring them in the face, Yale goes out and crushes the Q-cats 4-0.

Believing you can do it is the first step in achieving the goal. And as crazy as it sounds, this North Dakota team started believing in itself the moment a Wisconsin puck went into the back of Ohio State's net just over a week ago. They believe. It's time some folks believe in the dream along with them.

• Upvote 4

UMass-Lowell was a juggernaut last year...Yale absolutely skated circles around them and it STILL took an overtime goal to win it for the Bulldogs. Then, with 6-2, 4-1, and 3-0 losses against Quinnipiac already last season staring them in the face, Yale goes out and crushes the Q-cats 4-0.

Believing you can do it is the first step in achieving the goal. And as crazy as it sounds, this North Dakota team started believing in itself the moment a Wisconsin puck went into the back of Ohio State's net just over a week ago. They believe. It's time some folks believe in the dream along with them.

Maybe this is the team to win it all for us, no superstars or 60+ point players on this team. Just an overall solid effort from the walk-on to the scholarship player.

My sentiments exactly, perfectly stated.

Yea, though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death...

Mafia Man Quoting Psalms 23:4 Nice!

Psalms 23:4 – Yea, though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death, I will fear no evil: for thou art with me; thy rod and thy staff they comfort me.