SiouxSports.com Forum

FROZEN 4 - Philadelphia - UND-MN-BC-UNION

AZSIOUX

UMass-Lowell was a juggernaut last year...Yale absolutely skated circles around them and it STILL took an overtime goal to win it for the Bulldogs. Then, with 6-2, 4-1, and 3-0 losses against Quinnipiac already last season staring them in the face, Yale goes out and crushes the Q-cats 4-0.

Believing you can do it is the first step in achieving the goal. And as crazy as it sounds, this North Dakota team started believing in itself the moment a Wisconsin puck went into the back of Ohio State's net just over a week ago. They believe. It's time some folks believe in the dream along with them.

Good post. Yeah, I said it....good post!

UMass-Lowell was a juggernaut last year...Yale absolutely skated circles around them and it STILL took an overtime goal to win it for the Bulldogs. Then, with 6-2, 4-1, and 3-0 losses against Quinnipiac already last season staring them in the face, Yale goes out and crushes the Q-cats 4-0.

Believing you can do it is the first step in achieving the goal. And as crazy as it sounds, this North Dakota team started believing in itself the moment a Wisconsin puck went into the back of Ohio State's net just over a week ago. They believe. It's time some folks believe in the dream along with them.

agree completely, i would cut my tounge out before i ever picked the rodents to beat the sioux. Ive been a sioux fan since i can remember having memories. Shame on those of you who disbelieve in this team. In goth we trust.

union sold out there allotment very quick

how come we havent

Don't worry, they are already sold. Champions Club members get first shot at the tickets and have until tomorrow to notify UND if they want tickets. The tickets will then be awarded based on Champions Club points until they are gone. Unless you have been sending some of your W-2 stuff to the Champions Club, you won't see any of those tickets.

It's their best team ever also. Ours not so much.

i disagree this is one of the most talented teams weve had in a while top to bottom were strong from the net out, the rodents are already looking past the sioux saying they got the easier draw (nanny). Gophers have a solid team too but the difference is we have way more heart, the rodents expect to win just by showing up and were gonna put a 2 spot on them before they know what hit them, wilcox is inferior to goth in my opinion.

i disagree this is one of the most talented teams weve had in a while top to bottom were strong from the net out, the rodents are already looking past the sioux saying they got the easier draw (nanny). Gophers have a solid team too but the difference is we have way more heart, the rodents expect to win just by showing up and were gonna put a 2 spot on them before they know what hit them, wilcox is inferior to goth in my opinion.

This team is nowhere near as talented as most UND teams of the past decade.

I would agree that on an individual talent basis, UND has had teams with more talent. On a total team concept and talent basis, this team ranks above some prior Sioux teams with more individual talent. It doesn't have the high end scorers, but the scoring and offensive potential is deep and from all over this team. It is the same for MN. Both teams have 14 scorers in double figures.

as time goes by after the season i think people will begin to appreciate the depth and caliber of talent on this team. Right now i believe it is a case of not being able to see the forest through the trees. Imho

as time goes by after the season i think people will begin to appreciate the depth and caliber of talent on this team. Right now i believe it is a case of not being able to see the forest through the trees. Imho

I think the goal tending and d is phenomenal especially considering how many fr d men have looked like vets lately. We just have a bunch of lunch pale forwards. Grimaldi has top talent but outside of him nobody jumps off the screen. They are all pretty responsible defensively and clearly have things rolling right now. Like Yale last year you just need to work hard and get a few bounces and you can hang a banner.

I think the goal tending and d is phenomenal especially considering how many fr d men have looked like vets lately. We just have a bunch of lunch pale forwards. Grimaldi has top talent but outside of him nobody jumps off the screen. They are all pretty responsible defensively and clearly have things rolling right now. Like Yale last year you just need to work hard and get a few bounces and you can hang a banner.

ever since i saw goth play for the force in their playoff run i knew goth could put a team on his back and carry them, our d is as mobile and talented as they come which is what playing defebse in college is all about these days, the days of the lumbering defenseman are bygone. Our forwards are quick and fast, the only forward in recent memory who was as fast as rocco in my mind was toews and look where he is. Cagguila can walk anyone in college hockey, parks mac gaarder rodwell pattyn will come up with the puck in the corner 9 times out of 10. Were not a top line heavy team that can be shut down and stopped and hats off to hak and his staff for the job theyve done putting this team together. This is a different kind of talented sioux team. Top to bottom talent and that is what now wins championships ala bc.

ever since i saw goth play for the force in their playoff run i knew goth could put a team on his back and carry them, our d is as mobile and talented as they come which is what playing defebse in college is all about these days, the days of the lumbering defenseman are bygone. Our forwards are quick and fast, the only forward in recent memory who was as fast as rocco in my mind was toews and look where he is. Cagguila can walk anyone in college hockey, parks mac gaarder rodwell pattyn will come up with the puck in the corner 9 times out of 10. Were not a top line heavy team that can be shut down and stopped and hats off to hak and his staff for the job theyve done putting this team together. This is a different kind of talented sioux team. Top to bottom talent and that is what now wins championships ala bc.

hak was never a bad coach, he was caught in the transition of college hockey in the ncaa tourney but now has adapted well. I believe jerry york was the first to recognize the change in the college hockey landscape and has the success to show for it.
  • Upvote 1