SiouxSports.com Forum

FROZEN 4 - Philadelphia - UND-MN-BC-UNION

AZSIOUX

ECAC school, probably Princeton.

my point exactly, philly isn't a college hockey hotbed. Until ncaa decides that it isn't going to have tourney in places like Tampa, Philly, D.C., there won't be full arenas. Face it, this is a niche event, have tourney in college hockey hotbeds and they will see larger crowds.

my point exactly, philly isn't a college hockey hotbed. Until ncaa decides that it isn't going to have tourney in places like Tampa, Philly, D.C., there won't be full arenas. Face it, this is a niche event, have tourney in college hockey hotbeds and they will see larger crowds.

So rotate the Frozen Four between Boston and St. Paul?

Union is a tremendous defensive team, but how in the world does Johnny skate free on a few of these plays? They just about had him all alone on the other end of a 2-1.

Crowd looks pretty good to me.

Goal Union 1-1. Sounds like a lot of people are not cheering for BC. :lol:

Does anyone have a guess as to which of the four programs will have the most support in Philly next Thursday? I'm really curious to see which team's fans make the most noise.

And will the winner of the early game (Boston College vs. Union) cheer for North Dakota, thinking that they want the Gophers knocked out before the final?

For what it's worth, here are the drive times to Philadelphia...

From Grand Forks, ND (University of North Dakota): 23 hours

From Minneapolis, MN (University of Minnesota): 19 hours

From Chestnut Hill, MA (Boston College): 5.5 hours

From Schenectady, NY (Union College): 4 hours

Discuss. :)

Dave

Just remember Philly is a hub for major carrier and it's many regional feeders there are plenty of Sioux fans in the immediate area.