SiouxSports.com Forum

2014 Early Departures

brianvf

Looks like it. Wouldn't be surprised to see UMN run away with the league title even more next season.

It looks to be a bit of a watered-down B10 next year.

watered-down? nah, that can't be. this is supposed to be the premier collegiate hockey conference in the country.

• Upvote 3

So there is going to be one decent big ten team next year? Michigan lost key players too however I guess they do have Larkin coming in and copp and that ginger kid will be juniors.

Ohh come on.....Ohio Sta.....nope.....Michigan Sta......nope....Well Penn Sta....

I'm beginning to see why if I was a gopher fan I'd enjoy being in the Big Ten. You are going to win the conference championship every year, and SHOULD win the tournament every year. If they have a bad year in non conference all they have to do is win two games to make the NCAA tournament. And every other year you get to play that conference tournament in your back yard, when logistically the tournament should be at Joe Louis Arena every year.

Bucky is going to be building from scratch. I guess Rumpel is back (as of 4/5/14), but I don't see anybody for Wisconsin trying to forecheck next season. See if you can play to 0-0 ties before winning the shootout.

Not true! Gopher Puck Live says the Big 10 will be great!

The league will be great at feeding their egos against weaker teams and for them to promptly get bounced from the NCAA's because they haven't played a tough opponent all season. ;):D

watered-down? nah, that can't be. this is supposed to be the premier collegiate hockey conference in the country.

Don't say that, Slap Shot and Mariucci will be on here telling us how wrong we are and how superior the B16 is to the NCHC.

Since when did goalies leave early?!

This worries me, very excited for next weekend, win or lose, hopefully win!

But the thing I am most excited about is Gothberg and the freshman being here for 2+ years more!

Do we need to worry about anything or is there no way that happens with our favorite team?

Since when did goalies leave early?!

This worries me, very excited for next weekend, win or lose, hopefully win!

But the thing I am most excited about is Gothberg and the freshman being here for 2+ years more!

Do we need to worry about anything or is there no way that happens with our favorite team?

I don't think we have anything to worry about. Faragher was an undrafted free agent so he probably just decided to take the contract while it was their. Hellebuyck had a great 2 years at Lowell and the Jets offered him a max deal so I imagine that would have been tough for him to pass up. Another highly touted goalie Jon Gillies decided to head back to Providence for another season instead of signing with the Flames. I think Schloss said Providence is scheduled to be at the Ralph next season so that should be a pretty good non-conference series.

I think Hellebuycke is the real deal. Watched some film on him and it's just amazing how calm he is making tough saves.

Connor Hellebuyck; if you score on him, keep the puck because it does not happen often.

Oops, I meant Tretiak.

Connor Hellebuyck; if you score on him, keep the puck because it does not happen often.

Oops, I meant Tretiak.

What goalie in a college career has the same number of losses as total shutouts? That guy.....that guy......

Don't say that, Slap Shot and Mariucci will be on here telling us how wrong we are and how superior the B16 is to the NCHC.

Anyone else amused that those two feel the need to come here and tell us how great their conference is? It reminds me of UNO fans and the whole needing people to tell them how good they are thing...

Anyone else amused that those two feel the need to come here and tell us how great their conference is? It reminds me of UNO fans and the whole needing people to tell them how good they are thing...

Its called discussing college hockey. Coming into this season I thought the NCHC would be the better of the 2 conferences this year but The Big Ten ended up having the better season so who knows what the next few years will be like.

Its called discussing college hockey. Coming into this season I thought the NCHC would be the better of the 2 conferences this year but The Big Ten ended up having the better season so who knows what the next few years will be like.

I think this game on Thursday will have a bit to say about the "better" season argument. If one of us go on to hang a banner, it would certainly bolster the argument for or against.

Go SIOUX!

I think this game on Thursday will have a bit to say about the "better" season argument. If one of us go on to hang a banner, it would certainly bolster the argument for or against.

Go SIOUX!

I would agree with that. At this point I think it's fair to say that the Big Ten had the better regular season considering they had 2 #1 seeds while the NCHC had a 2 and a 4.

I would agree with that. At this point I think it's fair to say that the Big Ten had the better regular season considering they had 2 #1 seeds while the NCHC had a 2 and a two 4s.

I think you meant to say the NCHC had more tournament qualifiers. ;):)

I would agree with that. At this point I think it's fair to say that the Big Ten had the better regular season considering they had 2 #1 seeds while the NCHC had a 2 and a 4.

This season was an anomaly. Wisco and Michigan will both be down next year, whereas UND and Miami will both be up.

This season was an anomaly. Wisco and Michigan will both be down next year, whereas UND and Miami will both be up.

Oops forgot about DU. Yep it wouldn't shock me to see the NCHC be better than the Big Ten in future years, we'll have to see.

Hockey East-1

ECAC-2

NCHC-3

Big 10-4

The top of the Big 10 was good with Minnesota and Bucky vs. SCSU and UND...edge Big 10

NCHC was 10-8-1 vs. Big 10...edge NCHC

3 teams in tourney vs. 2....edge NCHC

As much as was made about the NCHC non conference record they still were superior to the Big 10 in games against each other and Hockey East and ECAC...the big 10 feasted on Atlantic Hockey(PWR needs adjusting as these games should not help your PWR).

That first sentence... Made me decide to take the high road.

Maybe this has been discussed before, but since there are only four teams left playing, who are the early departure risks for each of them?

For North Dakota, I've got Rocco Grimaldi and Jordan Schmaltz both at <10% chance of leaving. Everybody else would be a complete shock.

Any idea about Minnesota, BC, or Union?

Dave