SiouxSports.com Forum

2014 Early Departures

brianvf

Bryce van Brabant left QU to sign with Calgary.

Regarding Oesterle, I believe I read somewhere that he is the 4th D-man to leave WMU early in the past 2 years. Considering it generally takes longer to develop freshman D than F, that's brutal.

UMass Lowell Soph. Dman Christian Folin signed with the Wild last night.

As a Wild fan, I'm pumped. Can't play in the playoffs this year but he's already ready already. :)

And with Brodin, Dumba, Olofsson, Spurgeon, and Scandella, that's a nice group of young blueliners. Suter adds the veteran presence.

Now Minnesota can look at dropping Heatley (addition by subtraction) and adding some punch up front and another goaltender. Shaping up to a be a good run for a few seasons.

Dave

As a Wild fan, I'm pumped. Can't play in the playoffs this year but he's already ready already. :)

And with Brodin, Dumba, Olofsson, Spurgeon, and Scandella, that's a nice group of young blueliners. Suter adds the veteran presence.

Now Minnesota can look at dropping Heatley (addition by subtraction) and adding some punch up front and another goaltender. Shaping up to a be a good run for a few seasons.

Dave

Agreed that the future looks like it could be pretty good although I'm still not exactly sure on Yeo. I can't wait for Heatley to be off the books and I also hope they can get rid of Brodziak too. Coyle, Fontaine, Granlund, Haula, Nino, and Zucker make for a nice group of young forwards who should continue to take steps forward too. I know a lot of people want them to use the cap space from Heatley to go after Vanek but I think I would lean right now with trying to go after a top 4 defenseman if there are any available and then maybe being able to get Moulson back as well.

Coleman and Czarnik will be RETURNING to Miami OH.

I figured Czarnik would as he's small. Coleman is only 5'10'' so he isn't tiny (200 lbs) but definitely not huge. Besides last season he hasn't had great college seasons. Barber should be gone, if not that sucks for the Sioux.

Miami should be a tough team next year with all three of them returning. Of course, everyone thought that this year too.

Wonder if they made a "pact" like when Duncan/Oshie/Chorney, etc all returned. :)

something tells me they won't be the 8 seed next season