SiouxSports.com Forum

2015 Recruiting

Hambone

So the assumption is Heidlbaugh is not QB material??  I think the coaching staff is trying to decide this, too.  Maybe give the kid a chance to throw some balls around on scout team and redshirt, what the hell. 

We have Joe and Ryan (Jr. season) and Keaton (Soph. season) heading into this year.  Joe is recovering from his surgery and Ryan is recovering from hurt feelings when Keaton started the last 3 games last year.  So, the situation isn't very comforting depending on Joe being healthy and Ryan sticking around if Keaton emerges from Spring ball the starter, and can Keaton physically handle the hits over an entire season.......  I see a lot of questions, would be good to bring in another QB based on uncertainty and lack of depth.

My understanding is that the coaches are comfortable with Heidlbaugh at QB, so they are waiting to see how the other positions shake out a bit more before making a move on a QB.

Roberts committed to Nebraska-Kearney last week.   Had offers from Southwest Minnesota State, CSU-Pueblo, Washburn and Kearney.  UND was very interested but never pulled the trigger!

Doesn't necessarily mean that UND can't offer him in the next week or so and entice him to commit. :)

So the assumption is Heidlbaugh is not QB material?? I think the coaching staff is trying to decide this, too. Maybe give the kid a chance to throw some balls around on scout team and redshirt, what the hell.

We have Joe and Ryan (Jr. season) and Keaton (Soph. season) heading into this year. Joe is recovering from his surgery and Ryan is recovering from hurt feelings when Keaton started the last 3 games last year. So, the situation isn't very comforting depending on Joe being healthy and Ryan sticking around if Keaton emerges from Spring ball the starter, and can Keaton physically handle the hits over an entire season....... I see a lot of questions, would be good to bring in another QB based on uncertainty and lack of depth.

Absolutely.

No reason the coaches shouldn't give Heidlbaugh a chance to play QB during his redshirt season. Development and teaching is key to this team having a bright future anyways. If it doesn't work then move him to TE.

Absolutely.

No reason the coaches shouldn't give Heidlbaugh a chance to play QB during his redshirt season. Development and teaching is key to this team having a bright future anyways. If it doesn't work then move him to TE.

Where is the video on him, Heidlbaugh? 

So the assumption is Heidlbaugh is not QB material?? I think the coaching staff is trying to decide this, too. Maybe give the kid a chance to throw some balls around on scout team and redshirt, what the hell.

We have Joe and Ryan (Jr. season) and Keaton (Soph. season) heading into this year. Joe is recovering from his surgery and Ryan is recovering from hurt feelings when Keaton started the last 3 games last year. So, the situation isn't very comforting depending on Joe being healthy and Ryan sticking around if Keaton emerges from Spring ball the starter, and can Keaton physically handle the hits over an entire season....... I see a lot of questions, would be good to bring in another QB based on uncertainty and lack of depth.

I have no opinion on Heidlbaugh because I've never seen him play or seen his tape. I have seen Andersons tape and can say that I think he could be special. That's why I want him to get offered so bad. Until I see film of Heidlbaugh I'll continue to have no opinion.

I agree regarding bringing in another QB in this class for depth this season. We need it because you never know when a season ending injury will happen to a starter, and whether or not the guys waiting their turn have enough resolve to stick it out.

I really think we need to go after a top notch QB for this class.   Last year showed us that weakness and we need to step it up in this area and should have been a top priority for the staff.

I really think we need to go after a top notch QB for this class.   Last year showed us that weakness and we need to step it up in this area and should have been a top priority for the staff.

Well said. If Studsrud would have got hurt we would have been royally screwed.

I would describe what actually happened-injuries to #1 and #2 then being forced to pull a shirt that late in the season-as being "royally screwed".

That's exactly right.   Furthermore, we need to be going after the QB's that we know can make a difference.    I think too many years we've been settling for what ever will sign on the line and that's no way to make the playoffs.    I'm leery about bringing up NDSU, but it's their QB's that have gotten them places over the years. 

I would describe what actually happened-injuries to #1 and #2 then being forced to pull a shirt that late in the season-as being "royally screwed".

That was my initial feeling but hind sight is 20/20 and luckily we made out okay toward the end with him. Lucky is the keyword here and going forward we can't depend on luck.

Maybe the staff thinks Heidlbaugh is a top notch QB. 

That's exactly right.   Furthermore, we need to be going after the QB's that we know can make a difference.    I think too many years we've been settling for what ever will sign on the line and that's no way to make the playoffs.    I'm leery about bringing up NDSU, but it's their QB's that have gotten them places over the years. 

Mollberg was very heavily recruited.  Ndsu's QBs have been very clutch/solid, but that team lives and dies on the ground and on defense.

Information overload.  What is missing is the eligibility-

Georges - 3 years eligibility

Neverman - 2 years eligibility

Johnson - 2 years eligibility

Knick - must burn a year and then have 3 years eligibility

Galkoski - has a redshirt to take and then 2 years eligibility

Anyone know different??

Information overload.  What is missing is the eligibility-

Georges - 3 years eligibility

Neverman - 2 years eligibility

Johnson - 2 years eligibility

Knick - must burn a year and then have 3 years eligibility

Galkoski - has a redshirt to take and then 2 years eligibility

Anyone know different??

SFI is saying Georges will be a junior, so he may only have two years left.

Mollberg was very heavily recruited.  Ndsu's QBs have been very clutch/solid, but that team lives and dies on the ground and on defense.

I would argue that what is keeping Lennon's SIU team down is the absence of solid QB play.  I doubt NDSU wins even one FCS title if they had the pedestrian QB's that Lennon has been stuck with since he got there.