SiouxSports.com Forum

2015 Recruiting

Hambone

Welcome - we are glad your son has opted to continue his FB career at UND.  We feel that, after a few tough years, the program is headed in the right direction.  I am sure that Kevin will be a big contributor while enjoying his time in Grand Forks!

Told him it was a good thing to get on the ground floor of a program that needs help.....

This is a good thing....lt is.time to turn the corner here.....

Like the staff....like the town...like the fans.....

Told him it was a good thing to get on the ground floor of a program that needs help.....

This is a good thing....lt is.time to turn the corner here.....

Like the staff....like the town...like the fans.....

A mere 7 years ago we had OL that would demoralize other teams. We had gotten away from that and turned into a finesse passing team for a few years. Bubba brought back defense and the ground and pound and your son is joining a group of big, mean, and hungry dudes ready to reestablish UNDs football dominance.

SFI's recruiting update was posted... http://siouxfb.areavoices.com/2015/01/19/recruiting-weekend-recap/

Looks like they have Santiago now projected as a WR.  Confirmed Austin Smith did not sign. 

I like Santiago in space.....slot receiver that can also get a few carries either on end around, zone read, or mis-direction.  I think it's a really good move to utilize a weapon.  (Percey Harvin type position player......without the headaches and crappy attitude)

I like Santiago in space.....slot receiver that can also get a few carries either on end around, zone read, or mis-direction.  I think it's a really good move to utilize a weapon.  (Percey Harvin type position player......without the headaches and crappy attitude)

Absolutely... If anyone has watched Arizona State the past few years, DJ Foster comes to mind. 

Think Santiago can be pretty dynamic in this offense. I think he's a steal.

Iwaari Smith would also be a huge steal and Troy Hansen looks like he can really tackle. Agreed that those two would be great additions to a class that is already shaping out nicely.

I'm no expert but from the videos I've seen, Smith is a potential stud on O or D or STs.

Get him coaches!

The truth is that there isn't a single head coach of a college team that will walk up to a microphone and tell the media and the whole world that their recruiting class was anything short of great.  As Denny "Take a Knee" Green used to say "The proof is in the pudding."  We won't know how this class shakes out for a couple of years.

Having said that, I have much more confidence in Bubba and his staff than in the previous regime and I think we are headed in the right direction.

In the last recruiting recap on SFI, it was asked in the comments on the status of Trey Anderson... SFI said they believe UND is still talking to Anderson. (FWIW)

From what I heard UND plans on coming to see him this week.  In making his decision on where to go to college, I know the football opportunities will NOT be what drives his decision on where to go to college.  I hope he gives UND a fair look, but I'm not so sure the ability to play at UND vs. walking on at a Northwestern/Wisconsin is too much of a draw for him, hope I'm wrong though, great kid and good ball player.

If we don't offer Trey Anderson I will be beside myself.... He's an obvious D1 QB who would be out of our grasp had he not gotten injured.

So the assumption is Heidlbaugh is not QB material??  I think the coaching staff is trying to decide this, too.  Maybe give the kid a chance to throw some balls around on scout team and redshirt, what the hell. 

We have Joe and Ryan (Jr. season) and Keaton (Soph. season) heading into this year.  Joe is recovering from his surgery and Ryan is recovering from hurt feelings when Keaton started the last 3 games last year.  So, the situation isn't very comforting depending on Joe being healthy and Ryan sticking around if Keaton emerges from Spring ball the starter, and can Keaton physically handle the hits over an entire season.......  I see a lot of questions, would be good to bring in another QB based on uncertainty and lack of depth.

So the assumption is Heidlbaugh is not QB material??  I think the coaching staff is trying to decide this, too.  Maybe give the kid a chance to throw some balls around on scout team and redshirt, what the hell. 

We have Joe and Ryan (Jr. season) and Keaton (Soph. season) heading into this year.  Joe is recovering from his surgery and Ryan is recovering from hurt feelings when Keaton started the last 3 games last year.  So, the situation isn't very comforting depending on Joe being healthy and Ryan sticking around if Keaton emerges from Spring ball the starter, and can Keaton physically handle the hits over an entire season.......  I see a lot of questions, would be good to bring in another QB based on uncertainty and lack of depth.

I agree regarding bringing in another QB in this class for depth this season. We need it because you never know when a season ending injury will happen to a starter, and whether or not the guys waiting their turn have enough resolve to stick it out.