SiouxSports.com Forum

2015 Recruiting

Hambone

Maybe not the best indicator, but I don't think he has any UND coaches following him on twitter.

Ya, that's probably a good indicator. Maybe not who knows. Does anybody know if we lost a verbal. According to wiki we should have 24 offers with the three this week not including the PWO. SFI has 23 verbals as of this morning.

Ya, that's probably a good indicator. Maybe not who knows. Does anybody know if we lost a verbal. According to wiki we should have 24 offers with the three this week not including the PWO. SFI has 23 verbals as of this morning.

Was it ever confirmed the Juco Austin Smith made it on campus?

EDIT: Austin Smith doesn't show up on SFI's list, so its possible that he never made it to UND...

Isn't that right? Wiki has 21 verbals and 1 PWO. Add Dulin and Carter to verbals and that's 23, add the kid from Princeton, MN to the PWO and that's 2 there.

If Palmborg is a PWO then that is correct. I wasn't thinking he was a PWO, but that fits.

I was looking at the student directory and found all the JUCOs except Jawon Johnson (is he joining this semester?) and I'm not sure if I found Austin Smith as its a common name and there were 3 of them. So I am guessing you guys are right and he never ended up on campus.

If he's not coming we need to get another OL that can play next year.

Francis almost beat him out as a true FR. I'd be surprised if he didn't this spring. He's got so much more potential and Boas was too often a liability last year.

I'm not really qualified to judge the play of individual offensive linemen, but considering Boas started all 12 games this season, I was thinking it might be more likely that Francis slides over to Henson's guard spot for one year, and Boas starts again at center.

Did a little digging on twitter...

This is from Austin Smith's dad (who has been pretty vocal on twitter)....

His Dad needs to tell him to pass his classes. These Juco kids beg for a chance and then don't qualify. Don't quite understand what his Dad is getting at since he cannot sign anywhere, obviously.

Was the O-line really that bad last year????

I don't know cause my son just moved in last week.

Ready to compete and earn a starting slot on that line.

What was the offense's issue????

Could not run?  Pass? Both???????????????

Just asking cause I don't know.....

Was the O-line really that bad last year????

I don't know cause my son just moved in last week.

Ready to compete and earn a starting slot on that line.

What was the offense's issue????

Could not run? Pass? Both???????????????

Just asking cause I don't know.....

Beginning of the season they couldn't do anything. As the season went on the running and passing games both got better, but still need a stronger push up front in the run game for sure.

Beginning of the season they couldn't do anything. As the season went on the running and passing games both got better, but still need a stronger push up front in the run game for sure.

Snap issues cost us early in the year. The OL did improve 10 fold by the end of the year. There are some very good young players on the line that showed some major promise last year and Anderson has been our best OL of the past 3 years so there is potential. I just feel like coach Knapf is going to have his group ready to maul people by fall. He took a dumpster fire and turned them into a running weapon by the end of the year.