SiouxSports.com Forum

2015 Recruiting

Hambone

I would say being Bubba is a defensive guy, Smith would get his first shot on D... Just a guess, who knows???

Definitely would be an intriguing returner as well.

But would he be able to help the team sooner on offense as well as sp teams? Maybe start him there and plan to move him to d later unless he proves too valuable on o? But for all we know Georges and Dulin will be what we've been missing at wr.

But would he be able to help the team sooner on offense as well as sp teams? Maybe start him there and plan to move him to d later unless he proves too valuable on o? But for all we know Georges and Dulin will be what we've been missing at wr.

Yeah, the offense still needs weapons...

Where to play Iwarri Smith would be an awesome problem to have...

• Upvote 1

There isn't the volume of players in-state for that to be true anymore. Thats just simple math. In the D2 days, sure.

I'd say the truism would be the school that wins ND/MN has the better future, but MN is not in-state.

Go through NDSU's championship teams and look at all the contributing players from North Dakota and Northern Minnesota. Yes, those players may not come in ready to play like kids from California, Florida, and Chicago, but they're most likely to put in the work, not leave early, and ultimately develop into good players. Believing that North Dakota and northern Minnesota players aren't important is a fallacy and it likely is one of the important reasons why UND is behind NDSU on the football field.

Go through NDSU's championship teams and look at all the contributing players from North Dakota and Northern Minnesota. Yes, those players may not come in ready to play like kids from California, Florida, and Chicago, but they're most likely to put in the work, not leave early, and ultimately develop into good players. Believing that North Dakota and northern Minnesota players aren't important is a fallacy and it likely is one of the important reasons why UND is behind NDSU on the football field.

It's why we sucked under Mussman. He realized it in his last two classes but by then it was too late.

It's why we sucked under Mussman. He realized it in his last two classes but by then it was too late.

I'm not so sure Mussman realized anything in his last 2 classes.    How many of his recruits are still here?    Not many, and it was because they lacked the work ethic you find in ND and MN kids.   We need to be nailing the cream of the crop in our area, not letting them win titles for NDSU.   Until we start putting together monster classes, where we actually beat out the leading schools, we'll continue to bob along with mediocre teams.   We might be improving, but I have to wonder if Bubba will get us to the Playoff Promised Land with what we have.   And, getting there is only half the battle, we need to win there too.

I'm not so sure Mussman realized anything in his last 2 classes. How many of his recruits are still here? Not many, and it was because they lacked the work ethic you find in ND and MN kids. We need to be nailing the cream of the crop in our area, not letting them win titles for NDSU. Until we start putting together monster classes, where we actually beat out the leading schools, we'll continue to bob along with mediocre teams. We might be improving, but I have to wonder if Bubba will get us to the Playoff Promised Land with what we have. And, getting there is only half the battle, we need to win there too.

Mussmans last class was very good. The one before wasn't half bad either. Sure that one had a ton of attrition, for various reasons, but look at the players in those classes. They hit on some kids nobody had heard of. Compared to his previous classes it appears he was starting to figure out who to recruit. Bubba on the other hand had the figured out the second he took the job.

Mussmans last class was very good. The one before wasn't half bad either. Sure that one had a ton of attrition, for various reasons, but look at the players in those classes. They hit on some kids nobody had heard of. Compared to his previous classes it appears he was starting to figure out who to recruit. Bubba on the other hand had the figured out the second he took the job.

Biggest reason for attrition is because they were "foreign" players. By that I of course mean players not from North Dakota and Minnesota that are not overly dedicated to UND football and willing to leave at the first sign of difficulty.

Having a majority of ND and MN players best assures full 5 year participation which is needed for championship teams.

Biggest reason for attrition is because they were "foreign" players. By that I of course mean players not from North Dakota and Minnesota that are not overly dedicated to UND football and willing to leave at the first sign of difficulty.

Having a majority of ND and MN players best assures full 5 year participation which is needed for championship teams.

That's the very point I was getting at.   It doesn't matter that Mussman supposedly (at least according to geaux sioux) recruited the best players out there.   If they transfer after a year or two, it doesn't do us any good at all.   Go after only good recruits and only players from the upper midwest.   That said, get us a stud QB for this class as well.

That's the very point I was getting at. It doesn't matter that Mussman supposedly (at least according to geaux sioux) recruited the best players out there. If they transfer after a year or two, it doesn't do us any good at all. Go after only good recruits and only players from the upper midwest. That said, get us a stud QB for this class as well.

This is exactly why I believe the kid from Rugby should have a chance to play QB. If he stays and practices behind Mollberg and Studsrud for three years without ever playing a meaningful down, he may eventually develop into a good homegrown FCS quarterback for UND

That's the very point I was getting at. It doesn't matter that Mussman supposedly (at least according to geaux sioux) recruited the best players out there. If they transfer after a year or two, it doesn't do us any good at all. Go after only good recruits and only players from the upper midwest. That said, get us a stud QB for this class as well.

There were a ton of WI and MN kids to leave the program out of those last two classes. Also I never said he recruited thee best players. He did, however get a lot of very good ones in his final two classes. He had just let the program slip too far away from legitimacy to keep most of them.

Anyway, let's offer Trey Anderson to give Heidlbaugh some competition

Exactly. With this south wind, don't want him stuck smelling the ndsu hog barn for too long.

And we don't want out of state guests to think all of ND is the SU campus. Hopefully he's not there for the daily sheep walk. Good idea not wanting him to stay in Fargo too long.