SiouxSports.com Forum

2016 UND Recruiting

UND Fan

Crazy as this sounds, could Bubba and his staff have a long-range plan to rebuild the program?

1. Rebuild defense. 

2. Establish offensive identity (run) and build to that goal by re-establishing an offensive line. 

3. Add some skill players (with big play potential) around the core offense after it's established to keep opponents "honest" (not selling out to stop the run). 

To the casual, untrained eye, it would seem that's the "big picture" that Bubba sees. 

I know, I know, crazy talk. :D 

• Upvote 4

I missed this earlier in the week, but in addition to Travis Toivonen, UND commit Evan Holm is also up for the StarTribune Player of the Week - but on the defensive side of the ball:

Evan Holm, Edina DB, senior: Hoff, a North Dakota commit, recorded four tackles, intercepted two passes, and defended a pass in a 21-20 loss to Wayzata. Holm leads the West Metro - South sub-district with five interceptions.

List of Nominees and Voting Here

• Upvote 1

Some good notes on the most recent commitment from Tom Miller.  Thanks Tom.

http://millersports.areavoices.com/2015/10/08/und-commit-no-11-still-a-soft-verbal/

Wyoming? Watch for Bohl to pull out all his tricks to get this guy, if only to take him away from UND. 

is there a reasonable reason why Nevermann was not allowed to play for UND other than the vindictive retributuion Bohl felt he could inflict on UND by denying an athlete the opportunity to play starting with game #2?

Wyoming? Watch for Bohl to pull out all his tricks to get this guy, if only to take him away from UND. 

is there a reasonable reason why Nevermann was not allowed to play for UND other than the vindictive retributuion Bohl felt he could inflict on UND by denying an athlete the opportunity to play starting with game #2?

Nope. Bohl was being a !@#!$!.

A '17 eligible player but one to maybe keep an eye on in Dickinson ND. Tyrell Harris moved to Dickinson from Texas and is a big reason for the Midgets 5-1 season so far.  He had almost 250 yards in a little  over three quarters in his last game.....198 at halftime.                                                                                

http://www.hudl.com/athlete/2192695/highlights/292524392/v2?recommender=1&utm_expid=74649800-50.xVwcdGojSNiaNtQ6WnoKhQ.1&utm_referrer=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.hudl.com%2Fathlete%2F2192695%2Ftyrell-harris

Edited by Teeder11
  • Upvote 1

From Section Playoff game in progress:

This is getting out of hand. Red Wing leads 27-6 with 5:10 to play after Travis Toivonen's third TD reception of the day.

7:46 PM - 20 Oct 2015 · Details
0 retweets0 favorites

Retweet

Favorite

More

Any chance we can get him ready for Montana on Saturday.

• Upvote 2

Not sure if this is the place for this question, but who were the Redshirts from this year's class?

I know they can still be pulled ala Studsrud last year, but I doubt there's more to come this year.

Fair question, and nice to go through for next season if not for anything else.

QB Brad Heidlebaugh

OLB Jade Lawrence

RB Austin Gordon

DB Vashon Tucker

FB Josh Leonhard

ILB Donnell Rodgers

OLB Keelan Poole

LB Andre Steiger

DL Carter Wilson

DE/OLB Mason Bennett

LB Brock Shaide

DL Logan Alm

OL Patric Rooney

OL Bryce Blair

OL Justus Merz

WR Carter Blackwell

WR Tim Dulin

P Riley Thompson

TE Luke Keller

FB Tony Roland

DE Kemuel Denny

DE Carl Engwall

Fair question, and nice to go through for next season if not for anything else.

QB Brad Heidlebaugh

OLB Jade Lawrence

RB Austin Gordon

DB Vashon Tucker

FB Josh Leonhard

ILB Donnell Rodgers

OLB Keelan Poole

LB Andre Steiger

DL Carter Wilson

DE/OLB Mason Bennett

LB Brock Shaide

DL Logan Alm

OL Patric Rooney

OL Bryce Blair

OL Justus Merz

WR Carter Blackwell

WR Tim Dulin

P Riley Thompson

TE Luke Keller

FB Tony Roland

DE Kemuel Denny

DE Carl Engwall

A little disappointing with the lack of DBs there. Good thing we have coming in the 16 class. 

A little disappointing with the lack of DBs there. Good thing we have coming in the 16 class. 

It's because they brought in quite a few transfer DBs. I'm actually pretty happy with it. Also remember we had those two very tall guys that didn't end up coming to camp and Carter had his shirt pulled.

It's because they brought in quite a few transfer DBs. I'm actually pretty happy with it. Also remember we had those two very tall guys that didn't end up coming to camp and Carter had his shirt pulled.

Safety situation needs to improve. Not enough quality depth there. Hopefully next year's class produces a couple good players at safety.