SiouxSports.com Forum

2016 UND Recruiting

UND Fan

Alex Johnson from East Ridge looks like the prototypical UND tweener OLB/S type that would be really good coming off the edge in 2-3 years.

Looks like a really good pass rusher and is about the size Idowu and Disterhaupt were in high school.

Funny you say that, I was thinking the exact same thing when I read that. 

I have a feeling Bubba is thinking the same thing too...

SDSU will always be tough to beat on a kid in Nebraska based on proximity.  That has always been the case and now they have better facilities than before and the team is perennially better than before.

Have to pass 3 Dakota schools up I-29 before you get to UND.  It's impressive what we've gotten out of Nebraska over the years given the variables.

Bolinske is very interested in UND and I wouldn't be surprised if he ends up there as a preferred walk-on.  Could end up playing safety, as I don't think he has the arm to be a DI quarterback.

Bolinske has been impressive tonight in the state championship game. I think he could play safety at UND. 

Feeney is a stud- I'd put him #1 on our qb board if he was playing college football. I would take Adam Gieger and Zac Sweep from Century as well as give Bolinskie and Matt Marler a look from Minot. I think Gieger has played himself into a probable scholarship D1 player with his play this year. Tons of potential and good size at WR

Quinn Alo committed to NDSU.

Also UND has offered Jeremy Chinn, a CB out of Indiana.

Losing Alo hurts.

NDSU still winning over a lot of the in-state kids.

More work to do for Bubba, but the in-state players he has worked with already are solid contributors. Have to keep recruiting & developing some resident North Dakota student-athletes. 

Feeney is a stud- I'd put him #1 on our qb board if he was playing college football. I would take Adam Gieger and Zac Sweep from Century as well as give Bolinskie and Matt Marler a look from Minot. I think Gieger has played himself into a probable scholarship D1 player with his play this year. Tons of potential and good size at WR

Feeney and Geiger would look good in Kelly green. Maybe the shitshow at mizzou will make him want to play football? 

• Upvote 2

Any idea who else we had in this weekend?  I would think we would have had quite a few prospects on campus.

Here are a couple:

CB Derek Buchman, 5'11", 175, 4.6, Chetek (Chetek-Weyerhaeuser), WI

RB Carlton Djam, 5'11", 215, 4.5, Fridley (Central Lakes CC), MN