SiouxSports.com Forum

2016 UND Recruiting

UND Fan

I'm interested to see his senior film. He's obviously improved his speed big time from his junior year. One thing I don't like about this article is that coaches ears perk up when they hear about supposed 4.3s.

I liked these two parts.  It shows the importance of getting these kids on campus, evaluating them in person and giving them a "unofficial" opportunity to see the school and campus.  UND has a lot to offer and getting kids to see all the construction of what this campus will be is huge early in the recruiting process. 

That scholarship commitment is the culmination of an eventful offseason for Ryan, who will be a third-year starter for Huntley this season. Raiders coach John Hart was impressed with the way Ryan dominated NCAA Division I receivers during 7 on 7 tournaments and admires how far he has come.

“He ran that and they instantly made him a huge recruit. Tim loved the school and he’s very happy.”

New recruit committed. My guess is Bennett Helgren but don't have confirmation on it yet.

Kevin Maurice

@kevphx83: Ring the alarm! Green and White sighting in Edina, Minnesota ! Welcome to the family. #Green16 #BigTractor #DayByDay ??????

• Upvote 1

New recruit committed. My guess is Bennett Helgren but don't have confirmation on it yet.

Kevin Maurice

@kevphx83: Ring the alarm! Green and White sighting in Edina, Minnesota ! Welcome to the family. #Green16 #BigTractor #DayByDay

If it is Helgren....that's a pretty nice addition. 6-6, 270 OL with offers from SDSU and USD.

Looks like Bubba and his staff are really strengthening our  recruiting in the state of Minnesota.    Just like before.  Really exciting.   It also good to see us  get recruits away from the MVF conference schools.  To a lot of high school kids the Big Sky conference locations has got to look very appealing.   They get to play all across the western United States and in a lot of beautiful locations.  The future is looking very bright.   Go Big Sky.

• Upvote 1

If it is Helgren....that's a pretty nice addition. 6-6, 270 OL with offers from SDSU and USD.

I'm not a big other offers guy because they can be misleading but both NDSU and SDSU know how to find great hogs. Anytime we get a hog that they wanted that means they're a good one. We just need to start developing them now.

Looks like Bubba and his staff are really strengthening our  recruiting in the state of Minnesota.    Just like before.  Really exciting.   It also good to see us  get recruits away from the MVF conference schools.  To a lot of high school kids the Big Sky conference locations has got to look very appealing.   They get to play all across the western United States and in a lot of beautiful locations.  The future is looking very bright.   Go Big Sky.

its a good recruiting method, look at the dominate teams in the region try to find pieces of the puzzle to work in your system.  Bohl did just that when we joined the MVFC, looked at UNI and went into their backyard and took guys like Billy Turner who at the time had a brother on the UNI team...no matter what any other bison fan says we did just that, look at the coach we have now...UNI legacy..whats that tell you

Guest Sioux8721

I believe the wiki has 2016 commit Evan Holm from Edina listed as Ethan Holm. Just an observation so it can be corrected.

I believe the wiki has 2016 commit Evan Holm from Edina listed as Ethan Holm. Just an observation so it can be corrected.

Not sure how that happened.  My mistake - it has been corrected.  Thanks for bringing it to my attention.

Edited by UND Fan
Edit - system won't let me in their right now. I will correct when system available.
  • Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

UND is mentioned as being interested in Dane Warp, QB out of Havre, MT.  Good article and seems like he has the potential to be a solid addition to wherever he ends up.

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/2529113-diamond-in-the-rough-qb-recruit-dane-warps-fight-for-a-scholarship-offer?utm_source=cnn.com&utm_medium=referral&utm_campaign=editorial

UND is mentioned as being interested in Dane Warp, QB out of Havre, MT.  Good article and seems like he has the potential to be a solid addition to wherever he ends up.

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/2529113-diamond-in-the-rough-qb-recruit-dane-warps-fight-for-a-scholarship-offer?utm_source=cnn.com&utm_medium=referral&utm_campaign=editorial

Dane mentioned he is interested in medicine.  He just may have interest in UND as well.

Tom Miller tweeted this today. 

@tommillergf: 6-3 WR Travis Toivonen from Red Wing, MN has committed to UND FB

Here's his hudl

http://www.hudl.com/athlete/2969046/travis-toivonen 

I just heard about Travis, too, from his AAU basketball coach here in Lakeville. He couldn't say enough good things about Toivonen. I guess he was up on a visit this weekend and committed right away.

Odd coincidence: the same AAU coach had freshman DE Carl Engwall on his team for 3 years.

• Upvote 2