SiouxSports.com Forum

UND and the Big Sky could go FBS

SiouxVolley

It's on my Midco channel I call "the interwebs". ;) 

My Midcontinent cable supplies me my connectivity for "Big Sky TV", and that's free. 

So, I'll be watching North Dakota at Montana State. 

That's part of how media is changing: Big Sky TV, NCHC TV. And it's spectacular when you're traveling and "out of market" (i.e. too far from the over-the-air tower). 

• Upvote 2

My Midcontinent cable supplies me my connectivity for "Big Sky TV", and that's free. 

That's part of how media is changing: Big Sky TV, NCHC TV. And it's spectacular when you're traveling and "out of market" (i.e. too far from the over-the-air tower). 

And no sucking up to Jamal Spencer and Valley News Live? Another plus.

But it would be less accessible, right now NDSU can blanket its home region with games that can be easily watched and with Midco that isn't as easy. The Summit has a TV deal with Midco, which means NDSU gets a few basketball games put on their network, KVLY also televises some basketball games on their main network(it isn't all MeTV). I don't think basketball is really hurting that much. 

I'm not saying NDSU wouldn't move to Midco but to get NDSU to move, Midco would have to step up with a very solid offer. 

Good thing the Bisons aren't on WDAY, more and more people are going to dump Cable One for Midco.

http://www.inforum.com/content/cable-one-customers-danger-losing-wday-cw

FARGO – Local Cable One subscribers could lose ABC and The CW unless a contract agreement is reached by the end of the month.

Scott Geston, general manager of Cable One in Fargo-Moorhead, said the provider has been in negotiations with station owner Forum Communications Co. for several weeks for the continued right to offer WDAY, the local ABC affiliate on Channel 6 that’s also broadcast in high definition on Channel 455, as well as The CW on Channel 8.

To be honest, it would be nice to see the four schools from North and South Dakota along with the Montana schools in one conference.  Add Idaho and Idaho State...there's 8... go to 12 with Portland State, Cal Davis, Cal Poly and ???Northern Colorado??? (only to give me a close venue to see UND play...)

That's been UND's dream for decades, but when I state that in a thread, NDSU fans get all up in arms.  Add E Wash and UCDavis subtract Idaho St and it will become reality if the NCAA allows conference FBS moveups.  But when NDSU fans state that they want to go to Big12, I'm not supposed to call them on it for being totally delusional?

• Upvote 2

The overall package for all our sports on Midco and Big Sky TV is much better than what KVLY offers. Our package offers local, regional, and national exposure for all the main sports. Bison dan always boxes himself into a corner. There is an an App to pick up Big Sky games on your phone too. The Big Sky conference is great.

• Upvote 1

If Wyoming wasn't Mountain West ... Montanas (2), Dakotas (4), Idaho, EWU, Wyoming and Denver: 9 for football*, 10 for M/WBB**. 

* eight conference games

** eighteen conference games, pretty good travel pairs 

When I'm king of the world I'll get right on this. ;)

• Upvote 1

If Wyoming wasn't Mountain West ... Montanas (2), Dakotas (4), Idaho, EWU, Wyoming and Denver: 9 for football*, 10 for M/WBB**. 

* eight conference games

This would be solid.  Tourneys in Denver would be easy travel.

* eight conference games

i wish most people would drop the sodaks from these wish lists...usd has already shown they don't see the big picture and for schools like idaho, cal davis, cal poly, maybe wyoming to travel to the dakotas twice a year is asking too much...if/when und and the ndac get back together in a restructured big sky or some other version of it those schools can fly into fargo and  bus to gf and back and say see ya next year....

i wish most people would drop the sodaks from these wish lists...usd has already shown they don't see the big picture and for schools like idaho, cal davis, cal poly, maybe wyoming to travel to the dakotas twice a year is asking too much...if/when und and the ndac get back together in a restructured big sky or some other version of it those schools can fly into fargo and bus to gf and back and say see ya next year....

The rabbits are about to have the best facilities in the Dakotas...

If midco wanted they could air the game on Saturday. Both Montana teams air their games locally and have a satellite feed up there.

The rabbits are about to have the best facilities in the Dakotas...

Bison fans never ever include the REA in any comparison.  

Wonder why?   :whistling:   For a venue that attracts over 400,000 people a year, its of great value to any athletic department.  But bison fans always refer to it and hockey as a ball-and-chain that keeps UND down.  Never met a bison fan that could actually process the fact that the REA is a major major plus for UND athletics, even to the Big Sky, even though there no hockey in the Big Sky.  

Wonder why?   :whistling:   For a venue that attracts over 400,000 people a year, its of great value to any athletic department.  But bison fans always refer to it and hockey as a ball-and-chain that keeps UND down.

You are forgetting, all Bison fans care about is #buttfootball.

Wonder why? :whistling: For a venue that attracts over 400,000 people a year, its of great value to any athletic department. But bison fans always refer to it and hockey as a ball-and-chain that keeps UND down. Never met a bison fan that could actually process the fact that the REA is a major major plus for UND athletics, even to the Big Sky, even though there no hockey in the Big Sky.

It's sure nice to see Bisons fans make that drive up north and cheer UND to victory. Not many if any making that drive down cheering the Bisons to victory.

That's been UND's dream for decades, but when I state that in a thread, NDSU fans get all up in arms.  Add E Wash and UCDavis subtract Idaho St and it will become reality if the NCAA allows conference FBS moveups.  But when NDSU fans state that they want to go to Big12, I'm not supposed to call them on it for being totally delusional?

You can call them delusional. I do!!!