SiouxSports.com Forum

UND and the Big Sky could go FBS

SiouxVolley

The overall package for all our sports on Midco and Big Sky TV is much better than what KVLY offers. Our package offers local, regional, and national exposure for all the main sports. Bison dan always boxes himself into a corner. There is an an App to pick up Big Sky games on your phone too. The Big Sky conference is great.

Glad you're happy with the Internet feed as every school has one that can be watched either on a TV or computer.  I see we were on Root this year how about you guys?  Isn't Root a BSC channel? 

Glad you're happy with the Internet feed as every school has one that can be watched either on a TV or computer. I see we were on Root this year how about you guys? Isn't Root a BSC channel?

Is that why you schedule big sky teams? To have connections to a conference with an actual tv presence.

I'll be able to watch UND from Korea this weekend. I am pretty happy with the internet feed.

• Upvote 1

You can call them delusional. I do!!!

When I said UND would get in the Big Sky years before they did, I was the butt of endless jokes on bisonville, as they knew with certainty that there is no way UND could get in the Sky. After all, NDSU couldn't get in so anybody thinking UND was a lock for the Sky was delusional in their view.

The same situation repeats. NDSU backers somehow are certain that UND is the equivalent of Mayville St. It's a mental illness that afflicts the Herd. Good luck in the Big 12!!!

A case could be made that they will have the best football facilities I guess. Their IPF sounds amazing and they are building a new stadium. 

That said Frost is starting to show its age. I'd still put them behind both NDSU and UND. 

Football:

Practice Facilities:

NDSU - bubble

UND - Just phase I has 196,500 total square feet facility

SDSU - the entire facility will be around 150,000 total square feet facility.

Both SDSU and UND will have very nice facilities.  NDSU will have very nice facilities also with the BSA upgrade and bubble.

Football Stadium:

Fargo Dome - very nice

Alerus Center - very nice

remodeled CAS - very nice - but you are looking at a 25 year bond and ticket prices going from 20/40 to low 30s/60 will they still have the walk up demand.  Again, nice stadium, but what is the overall burden on the athletic budgets.  USD and SDSU don't have local governments to help like Fargo and Grand Forks.

NOTE:  Div II - SDSMT could be playing in the nicest football facility in the Dakotas in 4 or 5 years.  Rapid City is looking at a 180 million dollars 20,000 seat facility.  I see it happening because RC is a tourism town and they don't want to lose concerts to SF.

Other:

Ralph/Betty

BSA

Frost - SDSU is wrecking that arena will some of the recent changes.  It is going downhill fast.  Plus USD is building a new facility.

I know everyone is talking about SDSU and its facilities but IMO overall they are still behind both UND and NDSU.

Montana been busy adding video boards, expanding their stadium, adding softball for Title IX concerns, building a new athlete study center, new locker rooms, and have a plan to grow their stadium to 30,000 soon.  But I guess they have absolutely no ambition to go FBS, though they've borrowed the playbook from every team that moved to FBS except Idaho.

Washington-Grizzly Stadium set a new attendance record during the South Dakota game, packing in 26,303 fans – more than attended the Appalachian State University game the year before.

While not on the table at the current time, a future expansion could bring seating capacity to nearly 30,000.

“All that’s really left is the south end, and we can still add 1,000 seats on the upper east side,” Maes said. “I don’t know if you can make this stadium much bigger than 30,000. But we’re at a good size now. We found a sweet spot, and we need to stick it out for a while.”

http://missoulian.com/news/local/new-video-display-brings-stats-graphics-more-to-washington-grizzly/article_a674031c-45e0-11e4-a8a9-9b29f9b5c71e.html

Montana been busy adding video boards, expanding their stadium, adding softball for Title IX concerns, building a new athlete study center, new locker rooms, and have a plan to grow their stadium to 30,000 soon.  But I guess they have absolutely no ambition to go FBS, though they've borrowed the playbook from every team that moved to FBS except Idaho.

http://missoulian.com/news/local/new-video-display-brings-stats-graphics-more-to-washington-grizzly/article_a674031c-45e0-11e4-a8a9-9b29f9b5c71e.html

i really really hope that faison and kelly took chipman out to dinner after the hockey game and planted an idea in his head...

Then there's the fact that the last time your FBS theories were posted on egriz, you were laughed at, ridiculed, and run off the board.   You were specifically told that you "know not of which you speak".   Updating video boards is preparing for an FBS move?  Really now, I guess UND is in the fold with their recent upgrade.

If Montana was serious about the FBS, they wouldn't be taking the risky road of moving up with a BSC group that can't afford it, they would be pursuing the MWC.   Surprisingly, the great majority of MT fans on egriz seem to be happy with the status quo.    They don't want to wind up like Idaho was the clear message.

Then there's the fact that the last time your FBS theories were posted on egriz, you were laughed at, ridiculed, and run off the board.   You were specifically told that you "know not of which you speak".   Updating video boards is preparing for an FBS move?  Really now, I guess UND is in the fold with their recent upgrade.

If Montana was serious about the FBS, they wouldn't be taking the risky road of moving up with a BSC group that can't afford it, they would be pursuing the MWC.   Surprisingly, the great majority of MT fans on egriz seem to be happy with the status quo.    They don't want to wind up like Idaho was the clear message.

Its interesting how bisonville follows this thread so religiously.  After how I explained how the REA Trust could bond a new stadium, the talk of bisonville was that there was not any existing entity that could finance a stadium bonding issue for them.  My posts are the talk of bizon talkgating, because you and they don't want to talk about what UND is planning on public forums.

Griz fans are tired of the FBS vs FCS debate.  They don't want anyone from outside telling them what already has been decided. Idaho fans hate me too.  Only a few Vandal fans get it that the Big Sky move is about footballl.  I had to tell them that the Sun Belt move is only temporary, and proved it by showing the Sun Belt Idaho agreement, and even then they blew up at me.  People don't like change, especially bizon fans.

BTW, the Griz video boards will sell much more advertising, making an FBS move more feasible.  But you're such a dumb ass that you already knew that.   :p

• 1 month later...

I would personally like to see us become a force to be reckoned with in the BSC before any move to the FBS level. How can we justify moving up already without having any success at the FCS level yet?

You don't wanna be like Georgia State, Texas St or UT-San Antonio? ;)

Montana has their new locker rooms and training center.  Egriz says they will now have FBS caliber facilities.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9SykXfLAWY4&feature=youtu.be

The $7 million dollar gift for the new champions center in the largest single gift in Griz history.  UND has been blessed in comparison,

http://www.greatfallstribune.com/story/news/local/2014/10/31/washington-family-gifting-m-um-athletics/18255053/