SiouxSports.com Forum

UND and the Big Sky could go FBS

SiouxVolley

Many in their fanbase have labeled themselves ESPNs media darling. That is where his reference of "who else would ESPN want" comes from. There are a few more that pop into my head.

I think it would be tough to suggest ndsu is not one of ESPN's favorite small schools. I'm not sure that necessarily means anything in regards to an FBS move though.

Many in their fanbase have labeled themselves ESPNs media darling.  That is where his reference of "who else would ESPN want" comes from.  There are a few more that pop into my head.

I thought that bubble popped when every single host on Gameday said that NDSU belongs in the FCS and should stay there?

• Upvote 1

Does anyone really know how much they make with their TV deal?

I don't know that I'd even worry about money from the TV, I'd be more interested to see the by product of playing on TV every week.... Is NDSU getting more students... Selling more stuff... As a result of being on TV every week? I don't know.

How hurt is KVLY going to be when NDSU signs a TV deal with MidcoSN as soon as Midcontinent is up and running in Fargo which is very soon as they are putting the lines in now. MidcoSN has the other Dakota 3, and Midco is in West Fargo and Moorhead already. I think Midco could outpay KVLY.

How hurt is KVLY going to be when NDSU signs a TV deal with MidcoSN as soon as Midcontinent is up and running in Fargo which is very soon as they are putting the lines in now. MidcoSN has the other Dakota 3, and Midco is in West Fargo and Moorhead already. I think Midco could outpay KVLY.

I hope Midco doesn't sign SU. UND likes the coverage of Midco and doesn't need to share it with NDSU.

• Upvote 2

Not going to happen.  Everyone loves our TV contract.  We can watch every game home and away on TV.  Midco brings nothing to the table. 

Depends on value. What would NDSU be giving up and what would they get?

NDSU was on WDAY Radio for how long before a change to KFGO. I guess if MidcoSN threw NDSU a few more bones than KVLY they could go that way. I guess when Midco is complete in Fargo (goodbye Cable One) we will have to wait and see.

To be honest, it would be nice to see the four schools from North and South Dakota along with the Montana schools in one conference.  Add Idaho and Idaho State...there's 8... go to 12 with Portland State, Cal Davis, Cal Poly and ???Northern Colorado??? (only to give me a close venue to see UND play...)

• Upvote 1

NDSU was on WDAY Radio for how long before a change to KFGO. I guess if MidcoSN threw NDSU a few more bones than KVLY they could go that way. I guess when Midco is complete in Fargo (goodbye Cable One) we will have to wait and see.

I love it when posters post things they know nothing about.  What happen when KFGO signed the contract with NDSU?  They threw UND to the curve.  Like I said before Midco brings nothing to the table.

I love it when posters post things they know nothing about.  What happen when KFGO signed the contract with NDSU?  They threw UND to the curve.  Like I said before Midco brings nothing to the table.

midco_about_locationmap_lg.png

Isn't this the recruiting area for NDSU?   Its also the service area for Midcontinent.  A little larger than NBC-ND or KVLY

Not going to happen.  Everyone loves our TV contract.  We can watch every game home and away on TV.  Midco brings nothing to the table. 

Highly highly disagree.  Many people are very upset about NBC airing local FCS football instead of their favorite big time games, as well as other live programming.

I'm sure Midco would love to get NDSU athletics but the check they would be cutting to get it would be large. NDSU football pulls in massive ratings in Fargo and statewide, KVLY has been very good to NDSU as well. 

Right now everyone in ND and northwestern MN that has a TV can watch NDSU football, that is hard to move away from. 

I'm sure Midco would love to get NDSU athletics but the check they would be cutting to get it would be large. NDSU football pulls in massive ratings in Fargo and statewide, KVLY has been very good to NDSU as well. 

Right now everyone in ND and northwestern MN that has a TV can watch NDSU football, that is hard to move away from. 

NDSU football if moved to Midco SN would be seen in more states, more homes, and they cover not only football, but basketball, volleyball, and is home to the Summit League. I wonder if Douple would be begging Midco to go after NDSU to help out his league. How many people watch sports on MeTV? Its not statewide tv is it?

NDSU football if moved to Midco SN would be seen in more states, more homes, and they cover not only football, but basketball, volleyball, and is home to the Summit League. I wonder if Douple would be begging Midco to go after NDSU to help out his league. How many people watch sports on MeTV? Its not statewide tv is it?

But it would be less accessible, right now NDSU can blanket its home region with games that can be easily watched and with Midco that isn't as easy. The Summit has a TV deal with Midco, which means NDSU gets a few basketball games put on their network, KVLY also televises some basketball games on their main network(it isn't all MeTV). I don't think basketball is really hurting that much. 

I'm not saying NDSU wouldn't move to Midco but to get NDSU to move, Midco would have to step up with a very solid offer. 

So which Midco channel is your game on this weekend?  I'd like to watch it. 

All Big Sky Conference games are on watchbigskytv    Or else 6 home games are on MidcoSN, with 2 of them on FCS which is nationwide.  Also VB has 2 games on MidcoSN/FCS  besides the Watchbigsky.   What channel is your VB team on this weekend? WatchSummitLeague?

Basketball hasn't announced the tv schedule yet.

• Upvote 1