SiouxSports.com Forum

Player Defections

bincitysioux

notice most of the guys quitting aren't even from around here....shows the guys we were recruiting..when the going gets tough quit!

maybe they liked muss to much and getting blown out of games idk

Yeah, and Golladay will be playing on Sundays...

Why would we ever want to recruit someone like that?

I want them to recruit team players that play for the name one the front and on the helmets then the one on the back

see hak and his teams

he has 15 NHL draft picks and cant win a title

Hardwork beats talent when talent doesn't work!

Will you still want those things if the team has a losing record every season? Players that naturally want to play for UND are a rare breed now with NDSU stealing away the majority of pride and support of North Dakota and Minnesota kids.

The fact that some of the players are leaving before the new coach is even hired is quite alarming. Those players are fine to leave in my opinion, because apparently they aren't bought into the program very well.

The thing is you really dont have a program right now considering your performance the last couple of years and the loss of your coaching staff. There is no direction or leadership. Big void up there right now and there isnt anything to buy in to.

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p>The hits keep coming for UND. Senior-to-be DB Daryl Brown -- a starting corner -- will also transfer.</p>&mdash; Tom Miller (@tommillergf) <a href="

The hits keep coming for UND. Senior-to-be DB Daryl Brown -- a starting corner -- will also transfer.

— Tom Miller (@tommillergf)

December 19, 2013
19, 2013</a></blockquote>

<script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

The thing is you really dont have a program right now considering your performance the last couple of years and the loss of your coaching staff. There is no direction or leadership. Big void up there right now and there isnt anything to buy in to.

The lack of direction or leadership is what concerns me - probably moreso a lack of communication with the players. Does anyone know if anyone from the AD's office has been communicating with the players regarding the coaching search? It doesn't seem like it.

Not much communication with the players, the guys are as frustrated as everybody else. There have been a few email updates sent to the players and families asking them to be patient but other than that they are finding stuff out thru the grapevine. The team went from having poor leadership when we had coaches to an apparent total lack of caring at all from the top all the way down.

This team would be better off if every DB left! Geaux-Sioux, I think Fletcher left the program a while ago. Here is my opinion on the at least part of the reason for the defections. Who has left so far? This is not a prejudicial statement but a fact. I know that Mussman, Schluesner, and others played by two sets of rules. Jackson has "quit" on the team during fall camp each of his first two years. Golladay will not be playing on Sundays......no work ethic. I truly believe the kids who have quit have done so because their guardian angels are gone and there may be some accountability with a new staff. Mike Edwards was not happy and probably not too many players sad to see him leave. This program needs a fresh start with a new attitude. It may be a tough few years, but the right coach can build the program. I too hope an announcement comes this week.

• Upvote 1

This good riddance attitude is absurd.

This isn't basketball. You need too much depth to be successful and quite frankly this team was short on that as it was. These player defections will prove disastrous when, not if, when injuries occur.

Spot on, I mean seriously there are 2 commits right now and what...possibly 10 leaving already? That's bad math.

With the jump others have on recruiting and commits this year and people leaving this could turn into a year of signing who they can get and being forced to play a lot of young guys. This could be a rough year, especially if any kind of injury bug hits.

I would say the WRs will be McGill, Young, Carr and Ivery. I'm really hoping that Carr decides to tough it out - within the next two years he will be the man and he has so much potential to be everything that a Hardin/Dressler was.

Talking football, I can't disagree.

Starting to question leadership from the very top on down in the AD with the way things have gone with this FB program especially with whats transpired over the last 4+ weeks. GT is a complete ______ (fill in the blank) but........... Just saying...

• Upvote 1

Spot on, I mean seriously there are 2 commits right now and what...possibly 10 leaving already? That's bad math.

With the jump others have on recruiting and commits this year and people leaving this could turn into a year of signing who they can get and being forced to play a lot of young guys. This could be a rough year, especially if any kind of injury bug hits.

I said there very thing 3 weeks ago or more and more than a few people said "Don't panic, we have until signing day". Yes, I'm worried about this, I feel this recruiting class will be a disaster and coupled with the defections, this digs the hole a little deeper.

do I ask the question?

fire Faison?

hire purpur!

Wait, it looks like he might be hiring your man. Looks like your reputation will be on the line if your guy is hired and it doesn't work out. Oh wait, you already have a reputation ...

• Upvote 3