SiouxSports.com Forum

Player Defections

bincitysioux

Go go is one that other schools would be pining for. With the SUb par QB performances this year and uncertain future, I would keep a close eye on our relationship with him

I think we have a good upside for these two young qb's. Bartels was solid when he had protection. Mollberg has good upside if new coach will utilize his athletic ability and put run package into gameplay. Stronger faster and quicker release with big time arm. would have been great if we would have had a sr. qb last year for these guys to back up last year. line play needs to be better and we need RB for both of these guys to realize their potential. New coach will need to determine which one of these guys will start cuz the other will likely leave at end of spring ball if they aren't going to play.

I think we have a good upside for these two young qb's. Bartels was solid when he had protection. Mollberg has good upside if new coach will utilize his athletic ability and put run package into gameplay. Stronger faster and quicker release with big time arm. would have been great if we would have had a sr. qb last year for these guys to back up last year. line play needs to be better and we need RB for both of these guys to realize their potential. New coach will need to determine which one of these guys will start cuz the other will likely leave at end of spring ball if they aren't going to play.

it doesn't matter what WE think. it matters what GoGo thinks. I merely stated that we should be proactively keeping him close and listed a few potential reasons why, that's all.

Any truth to the Golladay rumor?

Did I miss something? Wasn't it just someone saying that they were concerned that there is no one to keep the current players confident and connected and he was mentioned because of his talent? Just a question that has now become a rumor?

Our pot has been stirred enough! Im at the point where whatever hapens, happens. Just hire a new coach already!

Yeah I really wish this wasn't taking so long. Scares me in terms of both recruitment and retention of players. Hopefully it's because Faison has a great hire lined up who isn't ready to apply and leave his current team yet and not because Faison has no idea what he's doing.

UNDVince said this in the next coach of UND thread:

Not sure if he was serious or just trying to stir the pot though.

I'm both surprised and disappointed that you think I would say something like that just to 'stir the pot'.

It would be one thing if my track record on here had proven otherwise, but I dont believe that to be the case. Specifically within the last month or so.

I'm both surprised and disappointed that you think I would say something like that just to 'stir the pot'.

It would be one thing if my track record on here had proven otherwise, but I dont believe that to be the case. Specifically within the last month or so.

Sorry, I don't follow individual posters to gauge their senses of humor so I'm not able to read most people on here other than the obvious ones like gfhockey. I didn't mean to offend you and perhaps 'stir the pot' was a poor choice of words.

Yeah I really wish this wasn't taking so long. Scares me in terms of both recruitment and retention of players. Hopefully it's because Faison has a great hire lined up who isn't ready to apply and leave his current team yet and not because Faison has no idea what he's doing.

I trust Faison knows what he is doing but my fear is that this process is taking so long it just makes it easier for guys like Golladay to get talked into leaving.

He should stay. He's gonna be thee guy with Hardin and Jackson gone. He will put up monster numbers if he stays.

we don't know that anymore than we knew the offense this year "would be just fine" with two untested guys at QB.

For him to produce the numbers you refer to, it would require a consistent level of play we haven't seen out of either of the QBs yet.

we don't know that anymore than we knew the offense this year "would be just fine" with two untested guys at QB.

For him to produce the numbers you refer to, it would require a consistent level of play we haven't seen out of either of the QBs yet.

Hardin put up pretty decent numbers even with a huge target on his back and the qb play. The qb won't be worse next year so I don't think it's a stretch at all.

Hardin put up pretty decent numbers even with a huge target on his back and the qb play. The qb won't be worse next year so I don't think it's a stretch at all.

Agree. Both QBs can throw an accurate ball and Goliday will be the guy they are looking for.