SiouxSports.com Forum

Player Defections

bincitysioux

Just seeing a trend.

I would agree...now there could be/are multiple factors: cultural, wanting to get closer to home, weather!!!, ect...but statistically based on the overall make-up of the roster and those that have departed I would say that is definitely a trend.

I would agree...now there could be/are multiple factors: cultural, wanting to get closer to home, weather!!!, ect...but statistically based on the overall make-up of the roster and those that have departed I would say that is definitely a trend.

:huh:

You're agreeing that a person's race determines their likelihood to transfer from the team? :glare:

That's ridiculous.

Regarding gfhockey tweeting Golladay, I think it is just fine to tweet a FORMER UND player, no NCAA rules being broken, the tweeter is using his real name.

It shows a certain lack of class normally reserved for Lakes and his ilk.

If players want to get after each other that's great, the fans should remain on the sideline and cheer on their guys.

It shows a certain lack of class normally reserved for Lakes and his ilk.

If players want to get after each other that's great, the fans should remain on the sideline and cheer on their guys.

I see that too I suppose, but he is gone, and bailed on his team and let down fans here. Mr. Bondy used his real name and let him know how he feels. Sometimes it is good for a person to understand the consequences of a decision.

Wow, nice job Shaugabay! Bye bye Golladay, sounds like a real team player! Punk.

kids are different these days. this isn't a Hoosiers movie. we can be mad all we want. mad with no players is no way to go thru life as a football program. I will apologize upfront if I amewrong but given the circumstances, I think the administration has done a crappy job keeping the players informed and educated. a few lousy emails doesn't keep these kids close. I have heard from a player there has been little organized contact.

This is just the reason why local talent is so important. And of course good leadership from the HC to hold the recruits from outside the region together, because we'll need some transfers/JUCO players to get this thing where we want it.

Local talent? Good leadership qualities? Getting the defense back to UND standards? Putting together a great staff?

In my opinion, there's a guy that literally will excel at that better than the other guy from jump street.

:huh:

You're agreeing that a person's race determines their likelihood to transfer from the team? :glare:

That's ridiculous.

You must work for A&E.

There is a trend for whatever reason. To automatically throw out the "race" card shows your complete ignorance!

Sorry for this post.

Just frustrated with our top talent leaving

The underlying socio cultural theme is undeniable regardless of if people like to hear it or not. It's about more than just race though, there are plenty of black players, Shaugs and others, who are mature and loyal and have not only commitment but can see the big picture. It's more of where the kids are from than what color their skin is though....

The underlying socio cultural theme is undeniable regardless of if people like to hear it or not. It's about more than just race though, there are plenty of black players, Shaugs and others, who are mature and loyal and have not only commitment but can see the big picture. It's more of where the kids are from than what color their skin is though....

Agreed.

I don't look badly at a player who transfers. Just shows how ugly things were. It does reflect a little on how they thought the team would do. I can see some players asking themselves why deal with the mess as it sits now if they have better options? In a way, it will make next year more enjoyable without all the high expectations. Just watch games and see if we can knock a few favorites off. We will eventually get to where we should be.

You must work for A&E.

I never said anything about race but there is a trend for whatever reason. To automatically throw out the "race" card shows your complete ignorance!

Ok, you must not have seen gfhockey's original post. He tried to point out that most of the players leaving weren't white.

What trend are you talking about?

Ok, you must not have seen gfhockey's original post. He tried to point out that most of the players leaving weren't white.

What trend are you talking about?

Trend: Noun. 1)...prevailing tendency.

You figure it out.

geaux_sioux gets it as does Teeder11.

If you want to find it "racist" to see the "trend"...well again that speaks to your PC igonorance.

Trend: Noun. 1)...prevailing tendency.

You figure it out.

geaux_sioux gets it as does Teeder11.

If you want to find it "racist" to see the "trend"...well again that speaks to your PC igonorance.

I agree with geaux_sioux and Teeder's posts. There is a definite cultural difference between Chicago/Minneapolis and Grand Forks. You said you agreed with his racial remark (I wasn't the one to bring race into the conversation) and then pointed out that cultural factors also play a role. If you want to point out cultural factors relative to where someone is from that's fine. I'm not very PC and am definitely not a liberal or anything else you'd like to throw at me, however, anytime you start off a post, as gfhockey did, with "I don't wanna be labeled a racist or anything like that BUT" you should probably just quit talking. Anytime you agree with a statement that started that way, you may want to rethink things.

Moving on....... let's get a coach hired and stop the exodus.

There is a definite cultural difference between Chicago/Minneapolis and Grand Forks. You said you agreed with his racial remark (I wasn't the one to bring race into the conversation) and then pointed out that cultural factors also play.

You may want to rethink things...

Don't have to rethink anything. Cultures are generally defined by race and geography... cultures of the deep south are generally different than in the Dakotas. Why? Again that observation is not a "racist" one.

The topic was the "trend" of players recently leaving. To automatically then spin it strictly on a "race" slant is pathetic at best.

Don't have to rethink anything. Cultures are generally defined by race and geography... cultures of the deep south are generally different than in the Dakotas. Why? Again that observation is not a "racist" one.

The topic was the "trend" of players recently leaving. To automatically then spin it strictly on a "race" slant is pathetic at best.

gfhockey, on 20 December 2013 - 09:39 AM, said:

I dont wanna be a labeled a racists or anything like that but how many caucasions are transfering vs african americans?

There's gfhockey's first post. Please explain how I spun the conversation towards race.

Your reading comprehension is the only thing pathetic right now. Have fun at the bizun game tonight.

There's gfhockey's first post. Please explain how I spun the conversation towards race.

Your reading comprehension is the only thing pathetic right now. Have fun at the bizun game tonight.

You are ignorant...period. gfhockey started his post how he did probably knowing a**holes like you would jump...which you did. His observation is correct. There is a "trend". Why they left is for speculation? But his observation alone isn't a "racist" one.

And I will. Kind of looking forward to seeing what good FCS FB is like...especially after watch from my seats at the Al this year.