SiouxSports.com Forum

The next coach of UND football is....

darell1976

Nelson tweeted that the Faison/Mussman meeting was "very emotional".

Is that the nice way of saying Chris cried? :crazy:

Both probably did. Seems irrelevant though and unnecessary to bring up.

That being the case though, I'm guessing that if it was that tough of thing for Brian to do, he has a pretty good idea what direction he wants to go in.

I'm with UNDvince here...on a my short list Brooks is the guy. The guys in that locker room will sit up straighter, have better eye contact and listen more intently to a former B1G and NFL QB. He would have instant credibility and respect from the get go...

plus I have no doubt he can coach and coming from WI you can bet he would build from the lines out.

In Brooks we trust!!! ;)

• Upvote 1

This isn't going to happen, not sure why you are so hung up on it.

Have to follow state hiring guidelines. Position has to be publicly posted for set amount of time (can't remember off the top of my head), etc.

Because I think he was the best coach UND had since RT, and I want UND getting back to that level again. Even though Central has a Brooks Bollinger shrine in its gym I don't think he is a good "head coach", maybe a coordinator or QB coach.

Agreed. Who cares if they cried....its not like muss wanted to lose...its too bad but it had to be done...in todays world....if ur not doing ur job good u will be canned....just coaches job are more in the public thhen otgers,

But they atre also compensated for it tho...

If i got canned today there isnt a buyout for me?

Another poster, I think UND92,96 threw out Nebraska Associate Head Coach Barney Cotton as a possibility? There are ties with Faison there that go back to New Mexico State.

Yup, that was me. Wouldn't surprise me in the least if there's at least some discussion there. He also has two sons currently playing for the Huskers.

Fortunately he seems to like UND more than ndsu. Perhaps its due to the lower level of small-man syndrome present at UND.

He didn't flunk out of UND, that may be why he likes you guys better

(didn't attend UND either, but he did fail at NDSU according to my sources)

• Upvote 1

I think it's a pipe-dream to hope that Bollinger would come to UND as an Off Coordinator or Asst Coach. As a young coach, I can't see him cutting ties w/ Paul Chryst (a fellow Badger) at an ACC school to come to an FCS school as an assistant. He can stay on Chryst's staff & soon move up the FBS ladder as OC at Pitt or another FBS school.

Just my opinion, but I think it would have to be the Head Coach position to get him thinking about UND.

I'd back him or Caruso for the head coach here.

Sadly Mcfeely is probably right...UND will hire someone not on these current "lists."

I have a feeling he may be right. Could you imagine the instant excitement if the new head coach wins his first game against FBS San Jose St. That itself would be a way to get butts back into the seats.