SiouxSports.com Forum

The next coach of UND football is....

darell1976

I bet he's got plenty of ins in nd and mn from his highschool days and coaching in the cities.

I'm kind of on the Bollinger bandwagon if he even wants the job. Young guy, lots of energy, played QB in the NFL.

If Muss does go I'm sure they'll take a month of applications, and then hopefully the new guy is in place by early January if not sooner. Anxious to see who the interim coach would be.

I'm kind of on the Bollinger bandwagon if he even wants the job. Young guy, lots of energy, played QB in the NFL.

If Muss does go I'm sure they'll take a month of applications, and then hopefully the new guy is in place by early January if not sooner. Anxious to see who the interim coach would be.

Darrell... ;)

Originally I was on the bandwagon to get a defensive-minded HC and I still wouldn't mind that at all but right now I am all in on the Bollinger bandwagon.

Too young and way too inexperienced as a head coach. He'd make a good offensive coordinator possibly, but I currently wouldn't want him as a head coach.

• Upvote 1

Yeah, the NDSU job after Bohl goes FBS.

As I was watching Nebraska lose to Michigan State today I wondered, is UN the second favorite team of NDSU's faithful? Every time Nebraska loses, the Pelini noose tightens, meaning that the intrigue of Bohl to Lincoln increases.

Too young and way too inexperienced as a head coach. He'd make a good offensive coordinator possibly, but I currently wouldn't want him as a head coach.

He led the Badgers to Rose Bowl and Big Ten Championships. Played with Jets, Vikes, and Cowboys and stint in USFL at end of his career. Turned Hill Murray around in first year as head coach. He is QB coach for Pitt Panthers and highly respected by people here. If we can get a guy of this caliber, you get him now cuz he will move up the ranks in due time. He is in his 30's, not too young. How old to you want him to be? Brooks was an excellent student and if anyone doesn't think spending time in NFL as starting and back-up QB and QB coach at Pitt isn't as good as being a head coach at Sioux Falls, or some other small college, then I would strongly disagree. The guy can coach. When you hire you need to be able to pick those guys who can coach and recruit. Bollinger can do both and would be a great head coach.

• Upvote 3

He led the Badgers to Rose Bowl and Big Ten Championships. Played with Jets, Vikes, and Cowboys and stint in USFL at end of his career. Turned Hill Murray around in first year as head coach. He is QB coach for Pitt Panthers and highly respected by people here. If we can get a guy of this caliber, you get him now cuz he will move up the ranks in due time. He is in his 30's, not too young. How old to you want him to be? Brooks was an excellent student and if anyone doesn't think spending time in NFL as starting and back-up QB and QB coach at Pitt isn't as good as being a head coach at Sioux Falls, or some other small college, then I would strongly disagree. The guy can coach. When you hire you need to be able to pick those guys who can coach and recruit. Bollinger can do both and would be a great head coach.

I know his background and I believe he's a great coach, I just think one should be cautious when considering a 34 year old coach who has no experience as a college head coach. He would be one of the youngest head coaches in the country if he was hired. I think the youngest FBS coach is 32 and he coaches at Western Michigan.

I know his background and I believe he's a great coach, I just think one should be cautious when considering a 34 year old coach who has no experience as a college head coach. He would be one of the youngest head coaches in the country if he was hired. I think the youngest FBS coach is 32 and he coaches at Western Michigan.

Mike Tomlin was one of the youngest NFL coaches ever. If you're the guy you're the guy. Equal opportunity employer right? No ageism.

• Upvote 1

There is a guy in Lubbock who is eerily similar to Bollinger and seems to be doing OK.