SiouxSports.com Forum

Viewing options for Sioux hockey games this season

fightingsiouxfan86

Will nchc subscribers be able to access the games archived in case you're not able to watch time live?

Yes, you can watch archived games.

I tried watching the Duluth women's game yesterday. Two observations

1. The game wasn't streaming until half way through the first period

2. No rewind feature (no coming home late and watching from the beginning)

So far I'm really disappointed and this is a huge downgrade from last year....

Anyone else?

Edit: I was watching from my iPad last night. On the computer there seems to be more controls, but trying to watch the WMU game right now and it says it hasn't started yet.

To point #2, I just started watching the SCSU game and was able to rewind to the beginning and jump to wherever I wanted.

Yet again though, the "watch live" button wasn't even available until AFTER the game started. Doesn't matter if WMU is having streaming issues if NCHC.tv doesn't allow you to access it anyway...

The schools are responsible for starting the stream.  If they're having issues with the stream in the first place, chances are they didn't start it right away.

well the playoffs looked great through nchc.tv

wmu just sucks

Give them some time and soon they'll be one of the best. The MAC just signed a new TV deal with ESPN that requires all the MAC schools to spend a few million dollars on in-house production studios, top-flight HD equipment/switchers, and will be trained by ESPN to produce ESPN3 high quality feeds. The equipment, studio, and employees will be owned by the Individual schools and will be able to be used by hockey for NCHC.tv (no espn3 graphics of course).

In the next 2 years WMU and Miami will have the best NCHC.tv broadcasts.

Give them some time and soon they'll be one of the best. The MAC just signed a new TV deal with ESPN that requires all the MAC schools to spend a few million dollars on in-house production studios, top-flight HD equipment/switchers, and will be trained by ESPN to produce ESPN3 high quality feeds. The equipment, studio, and employees will be owned by the Individual schools and will be able to be used by hockey for NCHC.tv (no espn3 graphics of course).

In the next 2 years WMU and Miami will have the best NCHC.tv broadcasts.

While great equipment and training from ESPN is nice, it takes more than some training sessions to create and produce quality broadcasts.  I've been doing it for 9 years, including 4-5 games per week for the past 5 years and it's something that takes years, and an entire team of quality, knowledgeable people working together to put on a good show.

I tried watching the SCSU and Miami games and it was very poor quality. Skipping and terrible picture. But, I think the problem might be on my end. The NCHC site calls for 2.33 MHZ minimum and my laptop is less than that. I am going to buy a new PC and see how that works. It doesn't make a lot of sense though - I watched a lot of Sioux games on my laptop last season and the quality was great.

While great equipment and training from ESPN is nice, it takes more than some training sessions to create and produce quality broadcasts.  I've been doing it for 9 years, including 4-5 games per week for the past 5 years and it's something that takes years, and an entire team of quality, knowledgeable people working together to put on a good show.

And that is the requirement from ESPN.  The production will be in-house from Miami and WMU staff and we will be required to produce quality broadcasts that meet ESPN's standards.  It's part of the contract and ESPN will reject broadcasts not up to their standards so both ESPN and WMU/Miami will put whatever resources required into making these high-quality in every aspect.  Those same resources will be available for NCHC.tv.

These same ESPN3 Miami productions are eligible to be upgraded to ESPN2 or ESPNU so they will have to be flawless as ESPN won't risk damaging their quality standards and brand by having Miami/WMU produce sub-par broadcasts.

OK need some help.  Was out of town and was not able to see the NCHC TV games live.  Purchased the package and was told that the  games will be available live and "on demand".  Went to watch a couple of games today and could not access games on demand.  I get a message that the games are "pending archive."  So lets say I have to be working and want to come back and watch UND game later.  It looks like they are not posted in a reasonable amount of time.  I do not want to wait 1, 2, 3 or more days to watch the game on demand.  Does anybody have information on this situation?

OK need some help.  Was out of town and was not able to see the NCHC TV games live.  Purchased the package and was told that the  games will be available live and "on demand".  Went to watch a couple of games today and could not access games on demand.  I get a message that the games are "pending archive."  So lets say I have to be working and want to come back and watch UND game later.  It looks like they are not posted in a reasonable amount of time.  I do not want to wait 1, 2, 3 or more days to watch the game on demand.  Does anybody have information on this situation?

The system for how schools uploads files has changed from last year so it will probably take some adjusting by the schools.  UND has always been pretty good at getting the full archive up quickly so hopefully that continues to be the case.