SiouxSports.com Forum

Viewing options for Sioux hockey games this season

fightingsiouxfan86

It's been screwy not being able to get the Sioux home games.

And with Minny in the Pig 10, I pretty much quit watching their games as well...of course not everyone is free at 2pm on Tuesday afternoon to catch their games on BTN.

It's been screwy not being able to get the Sioux home games.

And with Minny in the Pig 10, I pretty much quit watching their games as well...of course not everyone is free at 2pm on Tuesday afternoon to catch their games on BTN.

Do you have an internet connection?

I'll see how it goes. Sucks for me with my only Internet option being thru cell towers....so much for obama's promise of making Internet available to everyone!

We have a running joke around the office for people that blame EVERYTHING on Obama. When the copier runs out of paper...dam Obama! Water cooler bottle is empty...dam Obama! These are funny, but not as funny as blaming your shytty internet on Obama! Wow.

We have a running joke around the office for people that blame EVERYTHING on Obama. When the copier runs out of paper...dam Obama! Water cooler bottle is empty...dam Obama! These are funny, but not as funny as blaming your shytty internet on Obama! Wow.

I don't think u got it the way I meant it;)

Obama promised affordable Internet nationwide in rural areas and has even already claimed this to be a success. I won't blame him for it....I never had it to begin with. But quit claiming you've brought Internet availability to every rural home nationwide when in fact you haven't! Not a political discussion at all by the way! Just saying he claims it's done when in fact it's not.

Meanwhile I'll spend $50 in data this weekend to watch 2 hockey games;)

Be careful with that, bigsky. I helped organize an office tea party over the holidays where we tried out different brands of actual hot tea...and got a call from the IRS first thing the next morning about a tax audit!

Be careful with that, bigsky. I helped organize an office tea party over the holidays where we tried out different brands of actual hot tea...and got a call from the IRS first thing the next morning about a tax audit!

Lol. You should know better than that, MM ..Tea party's always end up leading to problems.

With UND up by 2 with a few minutes left in the game I loaded up the free NCHC stream of the scsu/miami game. Flawless broadcast level HD. While the UND Insider stream is much better than every other college hockey stream I've watched in the past years (with the exception of Norte Dame being provided by NBC) it frequently gets choppy/stutters like it's dropping frames.

UND stream from the iphone app on my ipad airplay to appletv. NCHC stream from iPad web browser airplay to Apple TV.

I also watched many many hours of the Winter Olympics through their app, and the only time the picture wasn't in perfect HD was the first period of the USA/Canada men's game. It didn't get jerky though, it just dropped to a lower quality. Netflix is always perfect.

I'm not posting this (just) to whine, but as another data point to our benevolent UND Insider overlords that no, the problem is not on my end. I'll believe that the problem isn't on your end either. I'd bet that the vendor's content delivery network (CDN) just isn't getting the job done.

Watched parts of nchc and UND webcasts...nchc was better quality until it stopped working in the 2nd...UND feed was a little blurry and then started freezing up last half of the 3rd...overall it was fairly unwatchable the last period...96.1 the Fox sounded pretty good though...

Watched parts of nchc and UND webcasts...nchc was better quality until it stopped working in the 2nd...UND feed was a little blurry and then started freezing up last half of the 3rd...overall it was fairly unwatchable the last period...96.1 the Fox sounded pretty good though...

Guess I'm just about ready to cut ties with undinsider and listen to streaming audio only. Neulion just isn't cutting it; and their customer service sucks, Hope UND changes to americaone next year.

Guess I'm just about ready to cut ties with undinsider and listen to streaming audio only. Neulion just isn't cutting it; and their customer service sucks, Hope UND changes to americaone next year.

What? You expect good quality for your money? :)