SiouxSports.com Forum

Viewing options for Sioux hockey games this season

fightingsiouxfan86

I didn't watch every webcast but I watched a handful, and I don't remember any big issues. I appreciated the HD video and I was able to plug my laptop into my TV so I had a good view.

Again, I probably only watched about 25% of the webcasts, though.

• Upvote 1

I had a good experience with the webcast this year. The HDMI from laptop to TV produced a decent HD picture. There was an occasional stutter in the video and the audio would occasionally be out of synch, but neither of these were major issues.

I had a good experience with the webcast this year. The HDMI from laptop to TV produced a decent HD picture. There was an occasional stutter in the video and the audio would occasionally be out of synch, but neither of these were major issues.

Someone told me that if you watch the webcasts via hard line, they're a lot better than wireless.

• 2 months later...

New NCHC Television Offer

I like the new offer to watch all NCHC games on technology this year.  There are questions about the UND subscription and NCHC subscription overlap.  I provide this information and hope it allows us to find the right answers before we commit to two subscriptions.

I did call and talk with Michael Weisman, Director of Communications of the NCHC, he was polite and did provide some useful information, but he did not have all the answers.  It appears NeuLion and UND have to respond to this issue of watching other UND sports.

I sent the following to find clarification.

To: undsports@neulionnetwork.com

I currently have a Siouxxtra All-Access Pass until 2024 which renews automatically yearly (see below).  Now I have been told from the NCHC that Men's hockey will no longer be included in this.  That to watch UND Hockey after this years pass expires, I will need to have a NCHC NeuLion Pass for a charge of 81.95 if purchased before September 25th.

Problem:  I would like the NCHC pass so I can watch all the NCHC games during the year.  My concern is that I will no longer be able to use the pass to watch women's soccer, women's volleyball, women's and men's basketball, and Tennis.

If I want to watch those sports, it appears I also need to have the Siouxtra pass.  Is this correct?  Because the hockey is no longer on Siouxtra pass, the value of the pass has been diminished and I am paying more for the hockey and more for the rest of the Sioux sports.

How can I watch the UND sports (not including football) plus men's hockey without two subscriptions, with one of the subscriptions having been priced $47.96 until 2024 (which included men's hockey)?

UND Insider FREE Audio-Only Pass

Purchase Date:             10/27/2007

Expiration Date:             10/27/2014

Special Offer: SIOUXtra All-Access Pass -- SAVE 20%

Purchase Date:             10/17/2008

Expiration Date:             10/14/2024

Purchase Date:             10/23/2010

Expiration Date:             10/23/2014

Let’s spend some time and discuss this on the blog.

New NCHC Television Offer

I like the new offer to watch all NCHC games on technology this year.  There are questions about the UND subscription and NCHC subscription overlap.  I provide this information and hope it allows us to find the right answers before we commit to two subscriptions.

I did call and talk with Michael Weisman, Director of Communications of the NCHC, he was polite and did provide some useful information, but he did not have all the answers.  It appears NeuLion and UND have to respond to this issue of watching other UND sports.

I sent the following to find clarification.

To: undsports@neulionnetwork.com

I currently have a Siouxxtra All-Access Pass until 2024 which renews automatically yearly (see below).  Now I have been told from the NCHC that Men's hockey will no longer be included in this.  That to watch UND Hockey after this years pass expires, I will need to have a NCHC NeuLion Pass for a charge of 81.95 if purchased before September 25th.

Problem:  I would like the NCHC pass so I can watch all the NCHC games during the year.  My concern is that I will no longer be able to use the pass to watch women's soccer, women's volleyball, women's and men's basketball, and Tennis.

If I want to watch those sports, it appears I also need to have the Siouxtra pass.  Is this correct?  Because the hockey is no longer on Siouxtra pass, the value of the pass has been diminished and I am paying more for the hockey and more for the rest of the Sioux sports.

How can I watch the UND sports (not including football) plus men's hockey without two subscriptions, with one of the subscriptions having been priced $47.96 until 2024 (which included men's hockey)?

Purchase Date:             10/27/2007

Expiration Date:             10/27/2014

Special Offer: SIOUXtra All-Access Pass -- SAVE 20%

Purchase Date:             10/17/2008

Expiration Date:             10/14/2024

Purchase Date:             10/23/2010

Expiration Date:             10/23/2014

Let’s spend some time and discuss this on the blog.

Aren't those sports available on the Big Sky/America One app for free?

You don't. You can watch televised women's hockey on undinsider

Previous quote Yes, they are so at this point, I see no purpose for UND Insider unless your card had been charged for this season, in which UND and Neulion have already upgraded it to the NCHC.tv package.

So really you have to buy both.

Previous quote Yes, they are so at this point, I see no purpose for UND Insider unless your card had been charged for this season, in which UND and Neulion have already upgraded it to the NCHC.tv package.

So really you have to buy both.

Have you talked to UND athletic department?

Might have been already been asked but can you watch the streams on nchctv on two different computers at the same time, kind of like netflix?

I know if you had UND insider and were signed in on multiple devices, one would eventually get dropped. I'm guessing it's the same situation but may be worth asking the conference.

First time poster....I really hope Sioux Hockey ends up back on Direct TV. That is the only way to spread the brand, you look at other sports and teams and its all about revenue and getting seen and being visible. The only reason I am a Sioux Hockey fan is because I stumbled upon a game on Direct TV randomly in 2011. I have no allegiance to the area or ties to UND, but I love Sioux Hockey and have been hooked ever since I saw my first game. Sioux Hockey won't expand until they get back on satellite tv so I hope that happens soon and Faison gets control of the situation and gets Sioux Hockey back on tv constantly like it was a few years ago.

• Upvote 3

First time poster....I really hope Sioux Hockey ends up back on Direct TV. That is the only way to spread the brand, you look at other sports and teams and its all about revenue and getting seen and being visible. The only reason I am a Sioux Hockey fan is because I stumbled upon a game on Direct TV randomly in 2011. I have no allegiance to the area or ties to UND, but I love Sioux Hockey and have been hooked ever since I saw my first game. Sioux Hockey won't expand until they get back on satellite tv so I hope that happens soon and Faison gets control of the situation and gets Sioux Hockey back on tv constantly like it was a few years ago.

Well said.........and welcome to the board!

In terms of revenue, in 2012 Midcontinent signed a deal and is now producing games and paying UND $1 million over 5 years when previously UND was producing the games and not getting paid.  This caused part of the problem from UND not being on FCS anymore.  In 2013, Midcontinent reached a deal with FCS last year to telecast select UND sporting events but the NCHC CBS deal prevented the men's hockey from being shown on FCS.  The athletic department and NCHC have continued to work to improve it and from all indications, it looks like they have and there will be games available on FCS again.  Should be best of both world's: UND getting paid by Midcontinent, games being broadcast locally on Midco and nationally on FCS along with the streaming package being sold by UND/NCHC.

In terms of revenue, in 2012 Midcontinent signed a deal and is now producing games and paying UND $1 million over 5 years when previously UND was producing the games and not getting paid.  This caused part of the problem from UND not being on FCS anymore.  In 2013, Midcontinent reached a deal with FCS last year to telecast select UND sporting events but the NCHC CBS deal prevented the men's hockey from being shown on FCS.  The athletic department and NCHC have continued to work to improve it and from all indications, it looks like they have and there will be games available on FCS again.  Should be best of both world's: UND getting paid by Midcontinent, games being broadcast locally on Midco and nationally on FCS along with the streaming package being sold by UND/NCHC.

That bolded part is inaccurate.  The only reason UND games have not been on FCS has been due to the NCHC/CBS deal.  Midco games from the 2012-13 season were aired on FCS when UND was still in the WCHA.

The agreement with Midco, in it's 3rd of 5 years, removed UND games from FTA however it had no effect on FCS broadcasting UND games.

That bolded part is inaccurate.  The only reason UND games have not been on FCS has been due to the NCHC/CBS deal.  Midco games from the 2012-13 season were aired on FCS when UND was still in the WCHA.

The agreement with Midco, in it's 3rd of 5 years, removed UND games from FTA however it had no effect on FCS broadcasting UND games.

I didn't think FCS carried any games in year 1 of Midco's contract but looking back at the schedule confirms that you are correct and they were.  My mistake on that part.