SiouxSports.com Forum

College Hockey 2013-2014 (Non-UND hockey)

Snake

Yale needs to be done for this year...don't need those Ivies sneaking in again.

Watching them in person in Grand Rapids I came to respect their tenacity, heart, and total team mentality last year. They played with complete commitment.

I suppose the fact that Lake Superior State fired their coach last week would fall into this thread as well. I'm not sure if it was already mentioned.

Jim Roque is Laker hockey...really too bad he couldn't get things turned around in Sault Ste Marie. I hope they find the right man for the job and get that program back on the college hockey map soon.

http://www.uscho.com/bracketology/2014/03/12/one-week-out-and-the-no-3-seeds-pose-some-challenges/

Unique bracketology this week. Looks like UND may be heading out east if they don't gain some ground. The big winner with this bracket would be Wisconsin IMHO. Then again, how many people are going to be at that regional in Cincinnati?

I know it hasn't been talked about at all....but they really need to look at campus sites again.

I know it hasn't been talked about at all....but they really need to look at campus sites again.

One would think it almost has to happen given the lack of bids for the 2015 regionals and consequential award to Compton Family Ice Arena.

It would be funny if everyone just said "screw-it" to the neutral site policy and just submitted home arenas. What would the NCAA do then?

One would think it almost has to happen given the lack of bids for the 2015 regionals and consequential award to Compton Family Ice Arena.

It would be funny if everyone just said "screw-it" to the neutral site policy and just submitted home arenas. What would the NCAA do then?

Pick the bids that don't have REA on them.

• Upvote 4

Now that the name is gone wouldn't REA be eligible to host if the NCAA ever went back to Campus sites? Honest question.

As far as I know, UND bid REA and Fargo this year... And they got Fargo, even though the Ralph could sell a lot of tickets. That should answer your question.

As far as I know, UND bid REA and Fargo this year... And they got Fargo, even though the Ralph could sell a lot of tickets. That should answer your question.

I believe someone at the ncaa said that the reason compton got it was that there were no neutral site bids for that region.

I believe someone at the ncaa said that the reason compton got it was that there were no neutral site bids for that region.

I don't have a problem with that... But, then everyone else that applies with a home site should get a chance at hosting. Good for one but not another. Doesn't even out very well... The optics of it aren't that good.

Now that the name is gone wouldn't REA be eligible to host if the NCAA ever went back to Campus sites? Honest question.

Technically, yes however the matter of will the NCAA ever pick the REA again is another question. I mean, the first time around in 2006 was pretty crappy as far as atmosphere, attendance, everything you could want in a regional....oh wait, no it wasn't.

• Upvote 2

Technically, yes however the matter of will the NCAA ever pick the REA again is another question. I mean, the first time around in 2006 was pretty crappy as far as atmosphere, attendance, everything you could want in a regional....oh wait, no it wasn't.

Well it was crappy for one team.....

it had to be one of the most successful regionals ever, based on attendence and $$$ generated.

They picked Scheels Arena over REA because it was the only non-campus site that bid for it. If they hadn't bid Scheels it may have gone to the Ralph. Notre Dame got it because they were the only ones that bid for it in that region. No off campus sites bid.

They picked Scheels Arena over REA because it was the only non-campus site that bid for it. If they hadn't bid Scheels it may have gone to the Ralph. Notre Dame got it because they were the only ones that bid for it in that region. No off campus sites bid.

Exactly...get all universities (or at least the western schools) to have a "gentlemen's agreement" to never bid with off-campus sites. Problem solved.

Am I the only person seeing the irony of Notre Dame playing in Hockey EAST while hosting one of the two WEST regionals? Once again, we wouldn't want Boston College having to travel any further than Manchester NH or Providence RI.

Let's just get rid of bids completely and let the four #1 seeds host, doesn't matter if it's a big arena like the Ralph or the Kohl Center or a smaller eastern rink like Merrimack or St. Lawrence. If you earn a top seed you should be rewarded. Just imagine how hot a ticket it would be if you had one of those smaller rinks and threw in a couple of western big guns like UND and Michigan. Atmosphere would be incredible.

Let's just get rid of bids completely and let the four #1 seeds host, doesn't matter if it's a big arena like the Ralph or the Kohl Center or a smaller eastern rink like Merrimack or St. Lawrence. If you earn a top seed you should be rewarded. Just imagine how hot a ticket it would be if you had one of those smaller rinks and threw in a couple of western big guns like UND and Michigan. Atmosphere would be incredible.

Whoa whoa whoa, nodakvindy...this is the NCAA you're dealing with here - check common sense at the door, please.