SiouxSports.com Forum

College Hockey 2013-2014 (Non-UND hockey)

Snake

After doing a little research it appears UNO has a real nice crop of freshman coming in next year....big point totals in the USHL. The are also getting two top MN high school players as well. Besides Walters are they losing any other key players? They could be really good next year. I would predict us and them having some significant battles next year.

I can't remember which TV station ran a sports bit on UNO hockey and Dean Blais the other night, but it discussed the two Eden Prairie recruits heading to Omaha next season. Lots of comments about Dean Blais about his coaching style and what he's doing to make the Mavericks a top-notch program. Pretty interesting report - I swear, Dean Blais could probably talk a Twin Cities recruit into coming to play for him in Siberia.

I can't remember which TV station ran a sports bit on UNO hockey and Dean Blais the other night, but it discussed the two Eden Prairie recruits heading to Omaha next season. Lots of comments about Dean Blais about his coaching style and what he's doing to make the Mavericks a top-notch program. Pretty interesting report - I swear, Dean Blais could probably talk a Twin Cities recruit into coming to play for him in Siberia.

Yeah, one of those recruits is Snuggaard (sp?).....he's top 2 in the metro. I saw EP play and he is very very good.

...and he has :)

Hasn't Blais called the incoming class next year at Omaha the best he has had there? They could be really good next year with the only loss being Walters (if Archibald sticks around for his senior year). If they can get goaltending (huge if) they might be the favorites next year.

We will be good. Gothberg will only get better. We lose Simpson but the d-corps could still be better next year with the freshman having an entire year under their belt and Poolman coming in as another possible USHL defenseman of the year. I like Rodwell, but we are not losing anything at forward that we can't replace (if Grimaldi stays which I think he will). Our incoming class is supposed to be good as well.

This year has been a fluke for Miami. SCSU will be good again next year. Most of Duluth's best players are sophomores and they will be better next year.

Here is a link to the story as seen on TV last night...

http://minnesota.cbs...hockey-players/

I read that story last night, but it's not like UND doesn't have some strong recruiting classes coming in. Shall we say, in the next few seasons as well, especially with Nick Schmaltz coming in next season. While a recruiting class might look good on paper, they don't always translate to the ice. IMHO...

I read that story last night, but it's not like UND doesn't have some strong recruiting classes coming in. Shall we say, in the next few seasons as well, especially with Nick Schmaltz coming in next season. While a recruiting class might look good on paper, they don't always translate to the ice. IMHO...

Only time will tell I guess. Just a hunch, but I think they will be good next year.

And sometimes it does translate, but it takes until they are sophomores or juniors.

He probably would be a big part of this team, had he stayed. I wouldn't have been at all surprised to see him blossom in the second half. But what's done is done, and everyone has moved on.

I've just looked at it as his spot can go to someone who really wants to be here.

• Upvote 2

Wow just read a twitter feed from Bob McKenzie that Eichel is considering decommitting from BU....I like the players in the CHL but this crap pisses me off. I guarantee the kid bolts....Mckenzie is typically on top of his stuff.