SiouxSports.com Forum

College Hockey 2013-2014 (Non-UND hockey)

Snake

Let's just get rid of bids completely and let the four #1 seeds host, doesn't matter if it's a big arena like the Ralph or the Kohl Center or a smaller eastern rink like Merrimack or St. Lawrence. If you earn a top seed you should be rewarded. Just imagine how hot a ticket it would be if you had one of those smaller rinks and threw in a couple of western big guns like UND and Michigan. Atmosphere would be incredible.

But that's just your opinion. Personally, I found that being only one of roughly 2,000 people in a 12,000+ seat arena in Grand Rapids last year created an incredible atmosphere. :glare:

(sarcasm alert)*

Notre Dame with a 7-2 win over BC in the Hockey East playoffs. That team is loaded with upperclassmen and could be hard to beat in the NCAAs this year.

BC scored first...followed by Notre Dame lighting the lamp 7 straight times! BC picked up a cheapie at the end for the final score.

Am I the only person seeing the irony of Notre Dame playing in Hockey EAST while hosting one of the two WEST regionals? Once again, we wouldn't want Boston College having to travel any further than Manchester NH or Providence RI.

Haha that's funny, some buddies and I were just talking about that. Let's see how many HE schools we can give advantages to. Certain teams play in their backyard every year.

Haha that's funny, some buddies and I were just talking about that. Let's see how many HE schools we can give advantages to. Certain teams play in their backyard every year.

Grand Forks or Fargo should bid on the next round of regionals...but only if its the EAST region. Win-win...Minnesota stays in the west region and BC gets to hop on a plane somewhere instead of taking a taxi cab!

• Upvote 1

As a North Dakota fan, I think we want BC to win, right?

I'm not sure we would catch ND in the pairwise even if they lose today. as far as HE goes it would be very beneficial to UND if Vermont and Northeastern lost today and New Hampshire loses in the semi-finals next fri.