SiouxSports.com Forum

UND Athletics High Performance Center

GeauxSioux

Talk to a source. Won't delay much and not very costly at all. Work continues after a few hours

Might have helped since they were working on getting the inside temp up to do some interior work.  Construction continues to be behind.  For sure not usable this spring and probably not this summer, though shouldn't be needed.

Heard some good things about the track that is being put in.  Only one other one with similar specs/surface/etc in the world (I believe in Brazil).

• 2 weeks later...

Looks like the new High Performance Center is completely enclosed finally, as all the walls and windows are in, save for the big garage type door opening on the west side. Now, I wonder how long it will take to get it prepped for whatever will make up the flooring inside, i.e. concrete, turf, track.   Is it conceivable to have turf put in over the next 30 days to the point where it can be used for spring practices if weather dictates?   Simple question. Not.

• 4 weeks later...

The update on the High Performance Center begins at about 10:30. What struck me is how small the concrete trucks look inside of the facility at the 11:27 mark. Man this place is big.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?t=782&v=kvGEtqS4A5c

Fasion said he hopes to take the building over August 1st. What a sight that's going to be when it is all done.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Picture from @UNDSports with a picture inside the HPF.  I had a chance to briefly check out the inside recently and the place is MASSIVE (552 ft long x 270 ft wide per the linked tweet).  Concrete work continues to be done on what will be the outside edges of the track.  The dirt in the middle where the football field will be still had a little frost to come out but they were working the ground to try to try speed it up.  I believe they were still on pace to be using it by August 1.  Going to be a pretty awesome facility.

CEffzTfUMAAMB3u.jpg

• 1 month later...

You have enough money to finish it?

Last I heard, they were actually still a little short on Phase 1, but enough that the UND Foundation was able to guarantee it.  The amount did not seem to be a huge concern and was small enough that they felt comfortable going ahead and starting the process of having Phase 2 approved.

I posted this on the FB thread as well.....

Posted Today, 04:22 PM

UND Fan, on 17 Nov 2014 - 3:41 PM, said:snapback.png

We all agree that the High Performance Center (HPC) will do a great deal to help UND’s football program along with T&F and other sports.  With the construction being completed in two phases, I am proposing that Siouxsports.com members collectively make a contribution to the HPC.  Details:

• I have asked the HPC folks and will ask Bubba what is not being included in Phase I that would really assist the FB program to have when the building opens.
  • I have asked the UND Foundation to accept these donations so they will be tax deductible.
  • The item or area would have a plaque reflecting it was funded by a contribution from ss.com.
  • Due to some very outspoken fans (including me at times), ss.com is not necessarily looked at with respect by some in the athletic department.  This could assist with our efforts to confirm we are true UND fans rather than a bunch of whiners and fair-weather fans.
  • I would hope that we could raise $10-12,000 but have no idea if that amount is feasible. 
  • If we can’t raise a reasonable amount, it doesn’t make sense to go through the effort.  Those of us who want to donate can do so directly.
  • It is inevitable that an SU fan or two will say they will kick in $5,000 or so.  I will try to determine whether a response is legitimate before adding it to the potential total.

The big question:

• Your thoughts on this?  The effort to raise funds for new uniforms did not turn out like many of us would have wanted but this would allow fans to donate whatever amount they could afford.

I would start the fund with a $1,000 contribution.  In an effort to determine the feasibility of raising a decent amount, I ask that you respond with an amount you are willing to donate.  You certainly don’t need to be specific if you prefer.  Simply stating “high or low 2 digits; high, mid or low 3 digits; etc. would be fine.  If you prefer to PM me, that is fine.    Obviously, we won’t “hold you” to any contribution amount. 

Any contribution amount would help – please let me know your thoughts in the next few days.  Of course, if you have any buddies who might be willing to contribute even if they aren’t active on ss.com, we wouldn’t turn down their $.

I will provide a periodic update of the responses and potential $ that could be contributed.

***  If this is successful, it would be cool to make a yearly contribution for something Bubba and the program could use.

Guys - a few months ago I suggested the above - there were many positive responses but a limited number specifically agreed to contribute. I will run this by you one more time.

I know some things are being moved back to Phase II due to budgetary constraints.  I think it would be cool (and useful) if we could provide Bubba with something that he feels would valuable to the program now, rather than later.

Someone had asked whether Jim Dahl had any concerns about raising funds in this manner.  This was his response:

photo-3.png?_r=0

• Moderators
  • 4,560 posts

Posted 18 November 2014 - 11:33 PM

I have no problem with community fund-raising efforts. 

Please let me know if you have an interest in assisting some of us with this.  Thanks!