SiouxSports.com Forum

UND Athletics High Performance Center

GeauxSioux

I like to donate in my name so I get points so I get the best seats on the road

I understand - as these would be individual contributions to the Foundation (to be combined with those of other SS.com members), they may be able to provide us with points individually.  I will look into it.

Last I heard, they were actually still a little short on Phase 1, but enough that the UND Foundation was able to guarantee it.  The amount did not seem to be a huge concern and was small enough that they felt comfortable going ahead and starting the process of having Phase 2 approved.

I heard they were short to the point that they were going to wait on pouring some of the concrete  till later. May be the foundations guarantee took care of that.

I was in Grand Forks and went by this facility this past weekend.  These pictures don't do it justice.  The size of this building is so impressive.  I can't wait to see it completed and Faison and company have to be very aggressive to get Phase 2 started.  This will be one of the finest training facilities in the nation when its done. 

• Upvote 2

I was in Grand Forks and went by this facility this past weekend. These pictures don't do it justice. The size of this building is so impressive. I can't wait to see it completed and Faison and company have to be very aggressive to get Phase 2 started. This will be one of the finest training facilities in the nation when its done.

I have been up there a lot lately. Building is enormous. Congrats to UND on building it.

anyone know what the turf design is...wondering if a ten year old child with parents that work for alerus got to design it??

Thought they were using the turf from the alerus that was replaced because it wasn't aesthetically up to par

Thought they were using the turf from the alerus that was replaced because it wasn't aesthetically up to par

so a beautiful state of the art building with a track that iirc will only be found only in gf, nd and brazil but a defective crappy astroturf with corporate logos all over it?

so a beautiful state of the art building with a track that iirc will only be found only in gf, nd and brazil but a defective crappy astroturf with corporate logos all over it?

Feel free to pony up the money for brand new turf.  I believe the new alerus turf is $3 million.  

Until then, I'm fine with UND using a free turf.

I believe the turf is actually very high quality, it simply had a somewhat wavy appearance to it under the Alerus lights.  Not sure if it'll still have the Alerus logo on it or not.  If anyone wants to pay to have their corporate logo put on a practice field, UND should take the money.

There's conflicting information on whether UND is using the turf from the Alerus or not. I (and others) were under the assumption they were but VMeister said they weren't.  I've never seen it confirmed one way or another.

The turf company wanted too much for it. IPF will have new turf.

There's conflicting information on whether UND is using the turf from the Alerus or not. I (and others) were under the assumption they were but VMeister said they weren't.  I've never seen it confirmed one way or another.

Bummer, that would mean there will likely be lower quality turf in the IPF.....

So is there no insulation in the roof?

You can tell there's some shortcuts just like the Alerus Center. The Ralph spoiled us.

You seriously think they didn't insulate the roof?  In North Dakota?   :silly:

There were ZERO shortcuts taken on this building.  It cost almost 20 million dollars to build.