SiouxSports.com Forum

Grand Forks Economy

UND Fan

28 minutes ago, NewUndFan said:

I find it hard to believe that CostCo would come to Grand Forks with one in Fargo.  

Why? The one in (West) Fargo is bedlam at times and they track who's buying there by member account (zip code). If they see a lot of purchasers from 582xx and 567xx and such they'll set a new location. 

• Upvote 1

10 minutes ago, NewUndFan said:

This is what Costco has said about their target demographic.  Costco requires, within a 5-mile trade area radius, 200,000 people and a median income of $75,000. Their target demographic also includes college educated, 2-person+ households

Then Bismarck shouldn't have one. There is no way there is 200,000 people within 5 miles of Bismarck.

9 minutes ago, fightingsioux4life said:

Then Bismarck shouldn't have one. There is no way there is 200,000 people within 5 miles of Bismarck.

Five miles east of Costco West Fargo is the Red River bridge on I-94; Moorhead (~50k people) isn't in the circle so Fargo might not make "200k in 5 mile radius". 

54 minutes ago, fightingsioux4life said:

And that's why I said the article said bismarck normally wouldn't have got one . Only because there was no other one between fargo and billings..... and why I said grand forks probably isn't getting one.   Did you see what I said ? 

23 minutes ago, NewUndFan said:

And that's why I said the article said bismarck normally wouldn't have got one . Only because there was no other one between fargo and billings..... and why I said grand forks probably isn't getting one.   Did you see what I said ? 

Explain Baxter/Brainerd, MN having one then? There definitely are not 200,000 people within 5 miles of that one.

11 minutes ago, fightingsioux4life said:

Explain Baxter/Brainerd, MN having one then? There definitely are not 200,000 people within 5 miles of that one.

I cant and didnt even know Baxter had one.  I was kind of excited that they got one then it maybe a possibility we get one.  All I said is that I read a article about Bismarck.  I am done arguing about if its possible we get one.  I just want to know if someone has heard if we ARE getting one!   

Cass and Crow Wing combined is at ~100,000 residents.  That's not counting the seasonal summer people, I'd speculate another ~30,000 and that's being conservative.  The summer crowd is affluent with a lot of money to spend.  I'm sure their Costco is doing fine.   

On 12/8/2023 at 5:22 PM, Hawkster said:

South Dakota only has one Costco in the whole state and that's at Sioux Falls.   Rapid City isn't even big enough to get one.   I think the entire Twin Cities area only has 3 but they do have one just up the road at St. Cloud.

Thats why I think it's just a rumor. If no one on here has heard anything guessing it was 

On 12/8/2023 at 5:22 PM, Hawkster said:

South Dakota only has one Costco in the whole state and that's at Sioux Falls.   Rapid City isn't even big enough to get one.   I think the entire Twin Cities area only has 3 but they do have one just up the road at St. Cloud.

There are 10 Costco’s in the Twin Cities area. I have been to 4 or 5 of them, so I looked it up and there were more than I thought.

35 minutes ago, tnt said:

There are 10 Costco’s in the Twin Cities area. I have been to 4 or 5 of them, so I looked it up and there were more than I thought.

You are right.   I had looked it up too a few days ago but never got around to correcting it.   We used to stop at the one in Maple Grove until they opened the one at St. Cloud.   I wonder if a lot of those were added in the last couple years?   I sure didn't remember that many.

11 minutes ago, Hawkster said:

You are right.   I had looked it up too a few days ago but never got around to correcting it.   We used to stop at the one in Maple Grove until they opened the one at St. Cloud.   I wonder if a lot of those were added in the last couple years?   I sure didn't remember that many.

Kind of nice to go to different ones to see some different stock items in some stores. I think some just seem a little more out of the way.

• 2 weeks later...
30 minutes ago, SIOUXFAN97 said:

just signed up for the primary residence property tax credit thing....... how much of a chance do i have getting that 500 hundo?

Should get if it’s on your primary residence not on a farm from what I’ve been told’

Can also get if you qualify for homestead tax credit 

• Upvote 1