SiouxSports.com Forum

Grand Forks Economy

UND Fan

6 hours ago, SIOUXFAN97 said:

just signed up for the primary residence property tax credit thing....... how much of a chance do i have getting that 500 hundo?

How do you know if you qualify?

So I'm going to fill out the form thru the link. Since last year (2023) I paid over 4x the ND per capita average income in 2022 taxes (multiple states and federal) on a property I sold in 2022 so I don't think $500 back is too much to ask.

Meanwhile at the southern border and in Ukraine.........

#itisallrigged

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2

18 minutes ago, SIOUXFAN97 said:

then why not just say.....

if x,y, and z u get 500?

Cause the government wants it to be a suprise if you got the credit or not when you open your tax statement in December 2024.  

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Oxbow6 said:

So I'm going to fill out the form thru the link. Since last year (2023) I paid over 4x the ND per capita average income in 2022 taxes (multiple states and federal) on a property I sold in 2022 so I don't think $500 back is too much to ask.

Meanwhile at the southern border and in Ukraine.........

#itisallrigged

What’s the average 

$500???? Big whoop

how about we start capping property taxes for 5 years and make these local governments spend our money wisely!

$500 would barely cover the increase in property taxes every year. This out of control increases needs to end!

• Upvote 4

29 minutes ago, Sioux>Bison said:

$500???? Big whoop

how about we start capping property taxes for 5 years and make these local governments spend our money wisely!

$500 would barely cover the increase in property taxes every year. This out of control increases needs to end!

Don’t worry, local governments will figure out how to spend that $500 for you and tell you property taxes didn’t go up 

• Upvote 1

37 minutes ago, Sioux>Bison said:

$500???? Big whoop

IMG_0405.gif

1 hour ago, Sioux>Bison said:

$500???? Big whoop

You can see how retired people get priced out of their homes in this area (F-M). They are basically renting their own homes from Cass County due to the asinine property taxes that continually go up.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2

39 minutes ago, Oxbow6 said:

You can see how retired people get priced out of their homes in this area (F-M). They are basically renting their own homes from Cass County due to the asinine property taxes that continually go up.

Whats avg taxes that you paid 4 times

On 1/3/2024 at 3:01 PM, Frozen4sioux said:

A $500 credit on property taxes from the state is direct permission to raise property taxes an additional $800 (and spend 1000) in the eyes of the city.

I can see the school board in Grand Forks going back and saying now that people are being credited taxes, there should be enough money to upgrade the new school to get more things they really "need"!

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
13 minutes ago, gfhockey said:

I heard on the news Fargo is getting nine more terminals at their airport with a federal grant. What does Grand Forks ever get? We can’t even get a offramp off I 20 $955 million project for Fargo again

whers bochenski

51 minutes ago, gfhockey said:

I heard on the news Fargo is getting nine more terminals at their airport with a federal grant. What does Grand Forks ever get? We can’t even get a offramp off I 20 $955 million project for Fargo again

Great example of considering the source....
They aren't getting 9 new gates, let alone terminals, and the project, which was already approved, is definitely not $955 million.
The $10 million grant is part of the federal cost share part of the project that is already known and just helps the project get started.

• Downvote 1