SiouxSports.com Forum

Grand Forks Economy

UND Fan

Just now, The Sicatoka said:

Um .... @SIOUXFAN97, about the people there, you realize Dakota Bowl was Friday. Six of the eight teams were not Fargo. I swear half of Minot was there. 

if GF had the above games would any of those people go to the Columbia Mall....

just saying that have about 95% occupancy (and stores people want...not vacuum repair stores)...CM has more boarded up store fronts than open shops...

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, SIOUXFAN97 said:

if GF had the above games would any of those people go to the Columbia Mall....

just saying that have about 95% occupancy (and stores people want...not vacuum repair stores)...CM has more boarded up store fronts than open shops...

The company that owns Columbia Mall doesn't give a rat's a$$ about it; that is why it is the way it is. Get an owner who cares and I think it can be turned around.

Just now, fightingsioux4life said:

The company that owns Columbia Mall doesn't give a rat's a$$ about it; that is why it is the way it is. Get an owner who cares and I think it can be turned around.

why don't they give a rats ass about it..............they aint that dumb. 

ozarks on netflix

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, fightingsioux4life said:

what happens quicker........bubba turning around the FB program around or the CM being a destination mall again?

decade by decade!!!!!!!!

45 minutes ago, The Sicatoka said:

That's a claim of felonious wrongdoing, dare I say near libel. 
Back it up or back it off and find better words.

That is all. 

not a lawyer but this looks like a lawsuit of some sort with GK being accused of bad things....alledgely

https://apps.ilsos.gov/adminactionssearch/adminactionssearch?command=viewPDF&itemId=92 3 ICM7 PRODCMZ13 SE_AA_MgtView59 26 A1001001A16A08B04401A0138718 A16A08B04401A013871 14 1051

4 minutes ago, SIOUXFAN97 said:

Yup, that's the mall owner, but doesn't imply or infer an issue with Columbia Mall. 

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, fightingsioux4life said:

Minots mall is thriving

they have built a couple of additions in the last few years

you need to make a place where kids want to be and parents follow 

• Upvote 1

4 minutes ago, Kab said:

Minots mall is thriving

so your saying that a mall full of vacuum repair shops isn't ideal for pulling in kids and parents....????  :)

3 hours ago, Kab said:

Minots mall is thriving

Dakota Square has made some good choices to stay relevant (e.g. hotel with water park) over the years.  They also benefited greatly when Target stayed in the mall rather than moving to a new building.

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, HawksHoops said:

Dakota Square has made some good choices to stay relevant (e.g. hotel with water park) over the years.  They also benefited greatly when Target stayed in the mall rather than moving to a new building.

Did the city consider locating the children's museum there?  What about the new indoor sports center space that the city has/had the tax referrendum for as part of the Alerus tax?  Would have thought the owners of the mall would have made a greater effort there.

I suppose they were working to locate that school there.  Shame that fell through for the reason it did.

2 hours ago, nodak651 said:

Did the city consider locating the children's museum there?  What about the new indoor sports center space that the city has/had the tax referrendum for as part of the Alerus tax?  Would have thought the owners of the mall would have made a greater effort there.

I suppose they were working to locate that school there.  Shame that fell through for the reason it did.

No the children’s museum built new by the airport. 

• 4 weeks later...

I dont know where to post this, but thought I would try here.  I have heard some rumors that Costco has bought some land in south grand forks.  Maybe by where Sanford bought.  Has anyone else heard any truth in this?  I find it hard to believe that CostCo would come to Grand Forks with one in Fargo.  

4 minutes ago, NewUndFan said:

I dont know where to post this, but thought I would try here.  I have heard some rumors that Costco has bought some land in south grand forks.  Maybe by where Sanford bought.  Has anyone else heard any truth in this?  I find it hard to believe that CostCo would come to Grand Forks with one in Fargo.  

Based on this logic, Grand Forks shouldn't have a Super Walmart, Sam's Club or Super Target either. But we do.

Also, if Brainerd/Baxter, MN can have a Costco, then Grand Forks is definitely big enough to have one.

3 minutes ago, fightingsioux4life said:

Based on this logic, Grand Forks shouldn't have a Super Walmart, Sam's Club or Super Target either. But we do.

Also, if Brainerd/Baxter, MN can have a Costco, then Grand Forks is definitely big enough to have one.

I maybe should have specified why I dont think they would.  When they built the one in Bismarck there was a article in the paper that Bismarck was typically to small a population for a CostCo, but they were getting one because there was no other CostCo between Billings and Fargo.  Thats why I said it was to close.  Obviously I know that we get some of the same business as Fargo!  

1 minute ago, NewUndFan said:

I maybe should have specified why I dont think they would.  When they built the one in Bismarck there was a article in the paper that Bismarck was typically to small a population for a CostCo, but they were getting one because there was no other CostCo between Billings and Fargo.  Thats why I said it was to close.  Obviously I know that we get some of the same business as Fargo!  

Bismarck was probably designed to service Western North Dakota as a whole, including the oil patch workers. A large percentage of North Dakota's population lives east of I-29, so there are a lot of people to service. Also, you have NW Minnesota, which Grand Forks is much closer to than Fargo.

With oil still being extracted out west, I wouldn't be surprised if Minot gets one as well.

7 minutes ago, fightingsioux4life said:

Bismarck was probably designed to service Western North Dakota as a whole, including the oil patch workers. A large percentage of North Dakota's population lives east of I-29, so there are a lot of people to service. Also, you have NW Minnesota, which Grand Forks is much closer to than Fargo.

With oil still being extracted out west, I wouldn't be surprised if Minot gets one as well.

Hope your right. I Would love a Costco here. Just wondered if anyone had a insight 

Costco planning to expand in U.S. and overseas over next 10 years

AKIKO FUJITA: We are watching shares of Costco rising. Now after initially falling in extended trading, the company beat expectations in its fourth quarter earnings report and reiterated plans to expand its footprint. CFO Richard Galanti saying in the company's earnings call that over the next 10 years that could easily add another 150 locations in the US alone.

This article came out on September 23, 2023. Some food for thought on this topic.

• Upvote 1

19 minutes ago, fightingsioux4life said:

Two super walmarts

• Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, NewUndFan said:

Hope your right. I Would love a Costco here. Just wondered if anyone had a insight 

I could be 100% wrong but I thought I heard recently that Minot was supposed to be getting one?? Location to be somewhere by North Hill??

Or was this a different store going up there?