SiouxSports.com Forum

Rocco

Fetch

Seriously - :silly: Don't hear much about his lack of scoring ?

I know he is great in all phases of the game but man was he unlucky

do u think he is maybe too fast - too quick ? needs to slow down a little until he has more confidence in his shots - a few goals would be better than none ? ? ?

If he had someone attacking the net with speed with him, a bunch of his shots would've become assists.

Even if you draw iron or pad, a strong drive to the net or a shot is always a good thing.

I do think he is playing in fast forward and without teammates moving at the same rhythm and without line chemistry,math at causes problems

think we should chip in & buy him one of these for the off season ?

hockey07.jpg

They'll start going in.....remember he took a whole season off from hockey with his injury. You don't simply bounce back right away. At the end of the day...his numbers were fine. It wasn't his fault our team was so inconsistent. Every game I saw he was doing his part.

Rocco will be fine. There are so many players who had great careers at UND who didn't put the puck in the net as much as they were maybe capable of.

Rocco Grimaldi - 13g 23a - 36 (And he missed some games because of the WJT)

Danny Kristo: 15g 21a - 36

Ryan Duncan: 16g 20a - 36

Matt Frattin: 4g 11a - 15

Travis Zajac: 17g 19a - 36

Drew Stafford: 11g 21a - 32

Nathan Gerbe: 11g 7a - 18 (similar type of player)

Marty Sertich: 9g 20a - 29 (another small forward...won Hobey)

I think Rocco stacks up just fine with a bunch of other great former Sioux players in the recent era, as well as other similar types of players in their freshman year.

• Upvote 1

Whether we watch in person or on TV, Rocco is easily the most popular player for this hockey-loving family. I have a lot of memories of hiim charging down the ice and everything froze to see what would happen - few players generate that excitement. While we all kept expecting him to take off and reach another level, I'm hopeful that some of the incoming Freshman talent may be able to match his ability. Caggiula too, could provide a spark on his line - look back at the CC series in late November/early December - if we can get that Drake, we'll be in good shape.

2014 will be a challenge for Rocco as a lot of scoring expectations will be on his shoulders. Here's also hoping for more from Michael Parks - with a complete season void of injuries.

Rocco will be fine. There are so many players who had great careers at UND who didn't put the puck in the net as much as they were maybe capable of.

Rocco Grimaldi - 13g 23a - 36 (And he missed some games because of the WJT)

Danny Kristo: 15g 21a - 36

Ryan Duncan: 16g 20a - 36

Matt Frattin: 4g 11a - 15

Travis Zajac: 17g 19a - 36

Drew Stafford: 11g 21a - 32

Nathan Gerbe: 11g 7a - 18 (similar type of player)

Marty Sertich: 9g 20a - 29 (another small forward...won Hobey)

I think Rocco stacks up just fine with a bunch of other great former Sioux players in the recent era, as well as other similar types of players in their freshman year.

Great post I love the insertion of perspective through good ol objective data.

I think Rocco will dial it in next year for sure..

Went through the same thing with Kristo 2 years ago, he was snakebit for half a year hitting posts and defenders on every shot.

We have to remember Rocco is just a freshman but to us he is the franchise because of the speed and drive he brings to the game, he's going to get more lethal steadily the longer he's here, which I hope is a long time.

My worry with Roccob is that looking at this year and potential lines next year is obvious that the talent to make him better or even keep up with him is not there.

Is he nhl ready, ..no but I wonder if Florida Would push him to choose another Avenue to maybe better match his talent level and development. ..

With any puck luck Rocco easily has a 40+ point season. He will be the least of our worries next season.

If you have kids that play athletics, he is the best example I've seen in a long time of someone who outworks his own talent. He plays so hard.

My worry with Roccob is that looking at this year and potential lines next year is obvious that the talent to make him better or even keep up with him is not there.

Is he nhl ready, ..no but I wonder if Florida Would push him to choose another Avenue to maybe better match his talent level and development. ..

The only place that could match his talent level would be on an NHL team. Knight and Kristo are about as good as it gets outside of the NHL. When (if) Kristo steps into the AHL, he will be one of the most talented players in that league. Rocco's quickness and speed are absolutely world class, but his decision making and finishing skills still leaves something to be desired. He is not NHL ready, yet. After one more year at UND, I think he might be.

The only place that could match his talent level would be on an NHL team. Knight and Kristo are about as good as it gets outside of the NHL. When (if) Kristo steps into the AHL, he will be one of the most talented players in that league. Rocco's quickness and speed are absolutely world class, but his decision making and finishing skills still leaves something to be desired. He is not NHL ready, yet. After one more year at UND, I think he might be.

That is hilarious. Rocco will never play in the NHL. Knight? Never. Kristo? Long shot.

That is hilarious. Rocco will never play in the NHL. Knight? Never. Kristo? Long shot.

Who invited the troll?

I saw something recently that showed Grimaldi as only the sixth or seventh UND freshman EVER to have 35+ points. I'd rather have a guy who's hitting posts than someone who is shooting high and wide. Means he's close. It will all balance out.

I definitely wouldn't worry about Rocco being on the score sheet. It is easy to have higher expectations of him, even though he is a Freshman, because we were exposed to his name so much from his red shirt year. This guy could potentially be around for another 3 years, I am sure he will do amazing thing, so long as he sticks around.

Rocco Grimaldi, Corban Knight, and Danny Kristo are at best "long shots" to play in the NHL? Your definition of long shot must be a lot different than mine.

I could see Luke Johnson skating with Rocco. Central Scouting has him rated as an "A" skater. Last time I saw him play was when he was a freshman in high school at Central. And he was the best player on the ice on a team that was pretty loaded.

I could see Luke Johnson skating with Rocco. Central Scouting has him rated as an "A" skater. Last time I saw him play was when he was a freshman in high school at Central. And he was the best player on the ice on a team that was pretty loaded.

I think his stock has dropped quite a bit this year. He was in the conversation as a first rounder to start the year, now he will probably go third round or later. None of thats mean he will or won't be a great player at UND.