SiouxSports.com Forum

Rocco

Fetch

Seen better players in the ECHL who are stuck there for eternity (who also had much better numbers in college at good programs). More like when they do not make it in the NHL you will be looking foolish. Take off the Kelly green shades.

I too would be interested to see a list of players who have much better numbers in college compared to Kristo who are stuck in the ECHL for eternity.

You must not watch much NHL, look at some of the guys on some rosters currently. Knight is the type of guy who will definitely get a shot as he is great faceoff guy and a great 2 way forward. Kristo is a pure goal scorer with good speed, Casey Wellman played for the Wild and JT Brown got a chance with the Lightning last year and those are just 2 guys who got a shot with some NHL games soon after leaving college. Sooner or later both Knight and Kristo will get a shot in the NHL and you'll be the one looking foolish.

Ok not knocking Kristo but I honestly don't think he's going to make the NHL as quickly as people think. he wasn't fast enough or strong enough to be a lot of opposing forwads or defenseman to the net

Ok not knocking Kristo but I honestly don't think he's going to make the NHL as quickly as people think. he wasn't fast enough or strong enough to be a lot of opposing forwads or defenseman to the net

I agree with him not being strong enough, but if he isn't fast enough, then really nobody is.

So Hextall, Watkins, Malone, and Vandevelde never put up the numbers Kristo did, were drafted much lower, and are in the AHL, not the ECHL

Gregoire put up similar production numbers, was drafted slightly lower and is in the AHL.

Nelson had similar numbers was drafted higher, but left early, and is in the AHL

Better numbers of late in a Sioux uniform? Parise- NHL, Toews-NHL, Oshie-NHL, Bochenski-NHL-AHL-KHL, Frattin- NHL-AHL, Duncan- AHL- Europe

Seen better players in the ECHL who are stuck there for eternity (who also had much better numbers in college at good programs). More like when they do not make it in the NHL you will be looking foolish. Take off the Kelly green shades.

Tony's aunt never had to toil in the echl. Straight to the league.

• Upvote 1

Which players are you referring too...you never mention them at all.

Hey I think Rocco is amazing & hope we can find him linemates that can compliment him

But I would rather see him get 10 shots instead of 20 & put 2 in

He alone will be worth the price of admission :D

You must not watch much NHL, look at some of the guys on some rosters currently. Knight is the type of guy who will definitely get a shot as he is great faceoff guy and a great 2 way forward. Kristo is a pure goal scorer with good speed, Casey Wellman played for the Wild and JT Brown got a chance with the Lightning last year and those are just 2 guys who got a shot with some NHL games soon after leaving college. Sooner or later both Knight and Kristo will get a shot in the NHL and you'll be the one looking foolish.

With all due respect, I don't think JT Brown envisioned a 5-game stint in the NHL after he left college...further proof why these sophomores and juniors should stay put.

Mario Lamoureux

Forward

Born Jun 18 1988-- Grand Forks, ND

[24 yrs. ago]

Height 5.09 -- Weight 185 -- Shoots L

Regular Season Playoffs Season Team Lge GP G A Pts PIM +/- GP G A Pts PIM 2004-05 Tri-City Storm USHL 59 7 15 22 71 -7 9 0 2 2 25 2005-06 Tri-City Storm USHL 57 13 19 32 131 11 5 0 0 0 8 2006-07 Tri-City Storm USHL 60 15 19 34 100 5 9 2 2 4 20 2007-08 Tri-City Storm USHL 60 9 32 41 152 -15 -- -- -- -- -- 2008-09 U. of North Dakota WCHA 24 3 3 6 18 2009-10 U. of North Dakota WCHA 42 7 5 12 85 2010-11 U. of North Dakota WCHA 43 3 14 17 65 2011-12 U. of North Dakota WCHA 39 4 7 11 60 2011-12 Gwinnett Gladiators ECHL 2 0 0 0 0 -2 4 0 0 0 2 2012-13 Ontario Reign ECHL 71 25 40 65 69 30 2012-13 Ontario Reign ECHL 1 0 0 0 4

Can anyone explain Mario finding his scoring touch after scoring 17 goals in 148 college games.

With all due respect, I don't think JT Brown envisioned a 5-game stint in the NHL after he left college...further proof why these sophomores and juniors should stay put.

I'm sure he didn't and I would guess he will get another shot in the future but I was just trying to prove a point to say there are so many players that at least get a game or a short stint in the NHL that to say Kristo or Knight will never play a game in the NHL is absurd to me.

I'm sure he didn't and I would guess he will get another shot in the future but I was just trying to prove a point to say there are so many players that at least get a game or a short stint in the NHL that to say Kristo or Knight will never play a game in the NHL is absurd to me.

Yes, I agree they may both get a shot....Kristo is a lock to at least get a shot. I'm not sure about Knight though. Very smart player but I'm not so sure on his motor. Only time will tell.

We're pencilling guys in the top two lines that most of us have never seen play? I'll admit, I'm an internet scout from way back, but I try to actually see them before giving them the plum spots.

We're pencilling guys in the top two lines that most of us have never seen play? I'll admit, I'm an internet scout from way back, but I try to actually see them before giving them the plum spots.

Have to...we're going to need our highly skilled freshies to come in and be impact players.

My thought was originally about Rocco, and I liked the way he played with Drake. Then, based on Tambellini's purported skill and stats and likley draft position, I put him up there.

From there it sorta lead off topic and into lines for next year.

I love the idea of Parks-St. Clair- Chyzyk...I think that would be a tough line to play against and could also score some goals.

who knows...

• 2 weeks later...