SiouxSports.com Forum

New Trophy Names

watchmaker49

As much as I dis-like DU, one cannot ignore Murray Armstrong and his accomplishments at Denver. I thought it was a disgrace they didn't name their arena after him.

Also, Gino Gasparini is another big time historical fixture of the old WCHA. What about his name for a post season award of some type?

As much as I dis-like DU, one cannot ignore Murray Armstrong and his accomplishments at Denver. I thought it was a disgrace they didn't name their arena after him.

Also, Gino Gasparini is another big time historical fixture of the old WCHA. What about his name for a post season award of some type?

Murray Armstrong for the regular season trophy and Gino Gasparini for the turnament trophy.

• Upvote 2

In honor of all the hicks from St. Cloud, Grand Forks, and Kalamazoo, I think they should name it The Hick Cup

Anything but the prestigious DQ Cup. The inflated dinks from the so-called State of Hockey have already wrapped up that lard-assed and dumb-assed trophy.

Last I checked, I think it is held by one of the new WCHA teams whose collective power rankings this year dwarf those of the new Pig 10. Enjoy that brand of hockey for a few years. Wow, sucks to be a Choker fan next year.

• Upvote 1

Anything but the prestigious DQ Cup. The inflated dinks from the so-called State of Hockey have already wrapped up that lard-assed and dumb-assed trophy.

Last I checked, I think it is held by one of the new WCHA teams whose collective power rankings this year dwarf those of the new Pig 10. Enjoy that brand of hockey for a few years. Wow, sucks to be a Choker fan next year.

I think they secretly care more about this than maintaining the rivalry with us. We should call it "The DQ Cup Rule"! :p

Did nobody pronounce this in their head? As far as I had to reach for the pun, I thought it would have been obvious.

I was thinking we would wear snowmobile jackets in the SCSU fans honor. :bigsmile::whistling: Maybe we could start calling this series the Ski Doo Cup.