SiouxSports.com Forum

New Trophy Names

watchmaker49

I think they ought to see if we can keep the Broadmoor Trophy for the playoff champion. I know that the McNaughton is held in trust by Michigan Tech. Not sure if CC has any such claims for the Broadmoor.

Add a new trophy for regular season conference champion.

I think they ought to see if we can keep the Broadmoor Trophy for the playoff champion. I know that the McNaughton is held in trust by Michigan Tech. Not sure if CC has any such claims for the Broadmoor.

How about the Lucia-Alvarez Trophy?

Goon posted a link that says the Broadmoor is staying with the WCHA.

Broadmoor should stay with CC and move to the NCHC.

Not sure what they will come up with for the league regular season title.

Trying to think of a legendary player, coach, or setting that would resonate for all teams...

I'd say the top goalie award should be named after Ed Belfour. Player of the Year or scoring leader named after Tony Hrkac. Those are just two suggestions, I hope the regular season and turnament trophies are a cup style trophy like the MacNaughton Cup.

I'd say the top goalie award should be named after Ed Belfour. Player of the Year or scoring leader named after Tony Hrkac. Those are just two suggestions, I hope the regular season and turnament trophies are a cup style trophy like the MacNaughton Cup.

A guy who played one year and a guy who played two years? I don't think so.

When you think about it what did Brooks do besides win one game?

Coached Minnesota to 3 National Championships and played a huge role in promoting hockey at St Cloud State and all over Minnesota in general. He is a member of the US hockey hall of fame.

I was joking about naming it after him just to get under the skin of the Gophers.

Coached Minnesota to 3 National Championships and played a huge role in promoting hockey at St Cloud State and all over Minnesota in general. He is a member of the US hockey hall of fame.

I was joking about naming it after him just to get under the skin of the Gophers.

Honestly, with what he did for St. Cloud State and college hockey in general, maybe that's not such a bad idea.

I believe that 80 olympic gold medal did a lot to promote college hockey over the years. Why not? The Herb Brooks Trophy.

What is he known for though? Winning one game that at least people in GF who had cable got to watch it live on old channel 7.