SiouxSports.com Forum

NHL 2013

jodcon

Wow what resiliency from the Wild tonight. Great patience from Spurgeon on the tying goal to let Mackinnon slide by. Not very often will a team be headed to overtime with a goalie in the net that hasn't made a save. Pominville has to show up for the playoffs sometime for the Wild right? Maybe he can come through in OT because he has had a horrible series and him not getting the puck in deep led directly to the Avs 4th goal.

Wow what a game, you could see Nino was really playing well the last couple games coming into tonight but he even took it a step further tonight. Couple very good chances before the winner from Parise and Granlund but I thought Stastny was gonna win it but luckily he shot it wide on his chance. Wonder if this game will bring up any bad memories for Roy? :D

Have any of you that are rooting on the wild ever been to a few of their games wearing Sioux gear? I have and I've experienced some nasty nasty gopher fans at the games. Even more nasty than I've personally experienced at final 5's of the past. For this reason I can never cheer for the same team as these guys. Even though we have a great former Sioux player on this team. Ill root for zach and wish him well. But will definitely be rooting for the hawks to stomp the wild.

Have any of you that are rooting on the wild ever been to a few of their games wearing Sioux gear? I have and I've experienced some nasty nasty gopher fans at the games. Even more nasty than I've personally experienced at final 5's of the past.

Yup, exactly this...first thing out of this guys mouth was 'how many 25 year old Canadians you have on the roster?'...downhill fom there...

Have any of you that are rooting on the wild ever been to a few of their games wearing Sioux gear? I have and I've experienced some nasty nasty gopher fans at the games. Even more nasty than I've personally experienced at final 5's of the past. For this reason I can never cheer for the same team as these guys. Even though we have a great former Sioux player on this team. Ill root for zach and wish him well. But will definitely be rooting for the hawks to stomp the wild.

Yes. I was wearing Boston AND Sioux gear during their game against the Bruins just prior to the Frozen Four. I was getting chirped constantly - almost completley for my Sioux hat.

I like the Wild, but since I bleed kelly green first, the media and some of the fans really make it hard to buy in. The fact that there is a lot of coverage overlap on FSN for both the Gophers and the Wild makes it hard for me as a Sioux fan to listen to blind Gopher homerism one night, and then try to agree with their takes on the Wild the next. Maybe I just need to be better about separating the two?

Go Bruins!

• Upvote 1

I have! I wore one of my Sioux gamers (Matt Greene) during the Wild home opener against the Kings and my wife wore my authentic Zach Parise one. Everyone was really nice to us and they actually were trying to buy the Parise jersey from me! :)

Could the Bruins run the table against all Original 6 teams?!

First round - Detroit

Second Round - Montreal

Conference Finals - NY Rangers

Stanley Cup - Chicago

That would be a perfect way to win the Cup!

Wow .... LA becoming just the 4th team to come back from down 3-0.

It happened twice before in the entire history of the league...now it's happened twice in four years. While the Kings' comeback is historic, I still think it ranks a notch behind Philadelphia's 2010 Eastern Conference Finals comeback over Boston. Boston, much to Ray 77's and Goon's chagrin, led game 7 3-0 with 5 minutes and 50 seconds left in the first period. They wouldn't score again and lost 4-3 on a third period goal by Simon Gagne.

Other memorable 3-0 series comebacks:

1942 Maple Leafs over Red Wings in the Stanley Cup Finals - ouch

1975 Islanders over Penguins in conference quarterfinals

Note: This is just the SECOND time a team has come back from a 3-0 series deficit while winning game 7 on the ROAD ('10 Flyers being the other one). The '42 Maple Leafs and '75 Islanders won their series' game 7 at home.

Yes. I was wearing Boston AND Sioux gear during their game against the Bruins just prior to the Frozen Four. I was getting chirped constantly - almost completley for my Sioux hat.

I like the Wild, but since I bleed kelly green first, the media and some of the fans really make it hard to buy in. The fact that there is a lot of coverage overlap on FSN for both the Gophers and the Wild makes it hard for me as a Sioux fan to listen to blind Gopher homerism one night, and then try to agree with their takes on the Wild the next. Maybe I just need to be better about separating the two?

Go Bruins!

Were you the guy that someone tweeted to me on Twitter wearing a Sioux hat and a Bruins jersey? One of my twitter friends pinged me with that. That was a cool picture. I heard this story... That's cool... Sometimes I am conflicted as well because the FSN crew is so pro Gophers they they can't even recognized the other Division I teams in the state of MN.

A Lebron James type flop from last night.

cN6H5lx.gif

Max Talbot is one of the biggest clowns to lace up skates in the NHL. He's another version of Alex Burrows. This is unsportsmanlike behavior.