SiouxSports.com Forum

NORTH DAKOTA @ MINNESOTA - Saturday, one last dance....

AZSIOUX

I don't think UND was unlucky, I think Minnesota forced turnovers in our end and capitalized on them. No differently than we exploited their aggresssive forecheck with a breakaway goal and a 2-1 goal.

Saturday we saw two excellent teams play great hockey. Neither team better.

Friday we saw Minnesota beat a kinda flat UND team in what was really a 3-1 game. Have to believe you will lose to the Gophers on the road when you don't bring your best game. Minnesota was better.

We will agree to disagree. 2 posts in OT is a bit unlucky.

I thought the better team won Friday...not Saturday.

Did Danny's ring off two posts too?

I do believe that we had very little puck luck this weekend. Hopefully we are saving it for the NCAAs.

Yes...Rocco and Kristo. One in OT is...oh well. 2 is...are you kidding me?

To me offensively Hak has to go one of 2 ways w Rocco...top line or on a wing w Drake and Mark Mac centering. Mark is much more of a playmaker at center.

St. Clair needs to play...period. Put him w Rowney and Parks. Hak seem to likes Mitch on top line. Then you have Pattyn Rodwell and Jim or Gaarder on 4th line.

Where Rocco and Mark can find a line home to me will be a big part in where this team is come March.

I think even though he hasn't played well at all this year that we need to find a way to get O'Donnell going and fit int0 the lineup. I know Hak liked the Pattyn-St. Clair-Rodwell line to start the year and I really like that as our fourth line if we can find three other solid lines to go with it. What those are, I'm not sure at this point but O'Donnell picking up his play could be the difference for this team.

I think even though he hasn't played well at all this year that we need to find a way to get O'Donnell going and fit int0 the lineup. I know Hak liked the Pattyn-St. Clair-Rodwell line to start the year and I really like that as our fourth line if we can find three other solid lines to go with it. What those are, I'm not sure at this point but O'Donnell picking up his play could be the difference for this team.

I think O'Donnell is gonna have a tough time getting back in the lineup without some sort of injury. He really hasn't shown anything in his numerous opportunities in the lineup and now it seems like he isn't even the 1st guy in when we do make a change in the lineup. I like the way the RPM line played together this weekend and also agree with others that it might be time to take a look at what Grimaldi-Knight-Kristo line could be capable of. I thought Rodwell had some jump this weekend and had a few opportunities and maybe Caggiula-Rodwell-St.Clair would be good togethr and then maybe Mitch Mac-Pattyn-Senkbeil/Gaarder or Gleason if Panzerella is at D as the other line.

Regardless of this who plays where the SCSU series comes on the last weekend of January and barring injury Hak has to establish some line combos and roll with them for the sake of chemistry and continuity.

I agree with post on ODonnell...the ship has sailed.

I think St Clair and Rodwell cemented their lineup spots yesterday...that leaves Jim, Joe or Connor for the last spot on 4th line. Bryn is in a tough spot. Thought he played ok early when given a chance

That one sure looked like it went in and out, they never reviewed it and I have seen no replay of it!

Maybe Goon has a video?

I thought so too...I rewinded and watched it a few times and went frame by frame.....it did not go in. :sad:

It just floated by the far post after hitting the near post.

I think O'Donnell is gonna have a tough time getting back in the lineup without some sort of injury. He really hasn't shown anything in his numerous opportunities in the lineup and now it seems like he isn't even the 1st guy in when we do make a change in the lineup. I like the way the RPM line played together this weekend and also agree with others that it might be time to take a look at what Grimaldi-Knight-Kristo line could be capable of. I thought Rodwell had some jump this weekend and had a few opportunities and maybe Caggiula-Rodwell-St.Clair would be good togethr and then maybe Mitch Mac-Pattyn-Senkbeil/Gaarder or Gleason if Panzerella is at D as the other line.

Drake Colton and Mitch could work as 3rd line if RPM stays and Rooco goes top line. Rodwell is a perfect 4th liner.

Fun game. UND was much better defensively last night but still not clearing the front of the net enough. They were aggressive on the outside and forced Minnesota to take a lot of bad shots from low quality scoring areas. Minnesota gave UND way too many odd man rushes, and give credit to UND, they made Minnesota pay. Guentzel looked pretty pissed on the bench, which he should be. Minnesota really struggled to finish last night. Just couldn't buy a goal most of the game, but that'll happen. That was by far the best game I've seen Gothberg play this year. No other game even compares. His rebound control throughout most of the game was superb last night.

This is probably the first time in my life that I can say a Gopher team is more physical than UND (possibly last year as well). My buddy who is a UND fan agreed to that as well. It was fun to see Rocco turn into a little torpedo towards the end, though :lol:. Good to see neither team took any cheap shots that could have hurt anybody either.

I can't wait for the Final Five matchup this year :) See you guys there!

This is probably the first time in my life that I can say a Gopher team is more physical than UND.

Spot on here...UND looks and plays like most Gopher teams of the past. Tough to watch. This is why it's surprising Panz doesn't get more ice.

Spot on here...UND looks and plays like most Gopher teams of the past. Tough to watch.

Very. Almost pathetic to watch the lack of hitting. Other than MacWilliam and to an extent Pattyn this team lacks physicality. More the reason why god damn Panzarella needs to be freaking playing. I can't believe Hakstol sat him out this weekend when his services would've been very useful. Got too many softies on the blueline with Gleason, Mattson, Forbort, Schmaltz, and Simpson.

Didn't think there would be a day in hell that the Gophers would be more physical than a UND squad. ???

Minnesota's defensemen are the difference in their team. Completely different.....completely. Brad brought up a good point in his postgame comments. They win more battles in corners, and are just so much more active with their sticks, with their gap control, physicality, etc.

Either John Hill is a horrible coach or Mike Guentzel knows what he's doing. Probably both.

I've always been a Rodwell fan. He's had some unfortunate injuries his sophomore year and again this year. Get the guy healthy and move him up with St. Clair. He fights hard in front of the net. We saw him snagging the Greasy goals when he was A heathy Freshman. Agree that Rocco goes to first line.