SiouxSports.com Forum

NORTH DAKOTA @ MINNESOTA - Saturday, one last dance....

AZSIOUX

I don't like saying "must win" in January but UND needs to come away with some points tonight if they plan on hoisting the MacNaughton Cup this year.

With road trips left at Denver and at Omaha, the message has to be sent that big games (and series) can be won on the road.

I expect a smarter and more physical effort from the D tonight.

Thanks for starting this new thread, I am going to hold steadfast that if we raise the puck on wilcox we will do better tonight. Easy to stop pucks shot into padding and the body. Make him move.

I am also looking for more fore checking tonight. They really didn't play UND hockey last night.

Need to see UND take some gophers off thier skates in front of net, let them know they will pay for going in front of net.

Via @UNDMHockey Tonights lines

Mitch Mac.-Knight-Kristo

Mark Mac.-Rowney-Parks

Caggiula-Pattyn-Grimaldi

Senkbeil-St.Clair-Rodwell

Mac-Mattson

Simpson-Gleason

Forbort-Schmaltz

Gothberg

Saunders

Thought we may see some different line combinations but I am still confident in this group and expect a win tonight.

Via @UNDMHockey Tonights lines

Mitch Mac.-Knight-Kristo

Mark Mac.-Rowney-Parks

Caggiula-Pattyn-Grimaldi

Senkbeil-St.Clair-Rodwell

Mac-Mattson

Simpson-Gleason

Forbort-Schmaltz

Gothberg

Saunders

Thought we may see some different line combinations but I am still confident in this group and expect a win tonight.

Here's what I know from my couch. Mitch isn't top line skill. Rocco is wasting away where he is at. Pattyn on his best nights is a 4th line grinder. I'm ok w Zane.

Like Colton playing but he and Pattyn should be flip flopped.

No Panz is a shock. Only way UND wins IMO is a 3-2 or 2-1 game with lineup as is...if I'm betting on that I don't like my odds.

Here's what I know from my couch. Mitch isn't top line skill. Rocco is wasting away where he is at. Pattyn on his best nights is a 4th line grinder. I'm ok w Zane.

No Panz is a shock. Only way UND wins IMO is a 3-2 or 2-1 game with lineup as is...if I'm betting on that I don't like my odds.

not if your betting on minnesota

I agree, no idea what hak is seeing in Mitch, he wasn't even a role player for scsu. I really am shocked they are starting gothberg in such an important game. Also, no idea why pattyn is on any line but the 4th (I do like him in the lineup however). We got this one tonight!

I'm gonna trust the staff. Get some chemistry going boys!

we had chemistry before the break with mark mac on the top line and rocco, rowney and drake on a line. but after x-mas hak decided to blow everything and looks like we killed all chemistry we had and now we're are stuck hoping for our favorite squad to play a perfect game to have any chance at a win. what a great start to the second half.

Problem with Mitch is it basically let's UM strictly focus on Kristo. They aren't going to let Kristo beat em and they know Mitch can't.

like I said it neatralizes that line even before the game starts. I'm sure minnesota's confidence went up up even more, not that it needed to anyway.

You all know I'm the first to eat crow when I'm wrong....and I really hope that I'm wrong at the end of this game.....

I don't have a good feeling at all about Zane in the net tonight.

I'm hoping the crow tastes good with ketchup afterwards.....

for the first time in his what eight years as coach I am questioning the abilities of this staff. we are a team stuck in the mud and supposedly had this defense coach come in to shore up the troops which instead has turned our defense into a joke and no sight the "annual second half surge" in sight every looks so forward to. this is slowly turning into a debacle and I have little desire to watch the mariucci massacre tonight. like I said earlier at this moment I am ye of little faith.

we had chemistry before the break with mark mac on the top line and rocco, rowney and drake on a line. but after x-mas hak decided to blow everything and looks like we killed all chemistry we had and now we're are stuck hoping for our favorite squad to play a perfect game to have any chance at a win. what a great start to the second half.

Hakstol reunited the RPM line (Rowney-Parks-MacMillan) that had some serious chemistry during last year's run to the NCAA tourney.

Hakstol reunited the RPM line (Rowney-Parks-MacMillan) that had some serious chemistry during last year's run to the NCAA tourney.

I like that group. Had some quality chances yesterday, was probably UND's best unit.

I'm at a loss with what the top line should/would end up being......Mitch isn't the guy.....obviously the coaches don't like Rocco there....who is the guy?

Here's my short list:

1. Rocco

2. Parks

3. Mark M.

4. Rowney

Drake didn't work on that line and I really don't see any other guy that can skate with that group. Its got to be one of these four.

I like that group. Had some quality chances yesterday, was probably UND's best unit.

I'm at a loss with what the top line should/would end up being......Mitch isn't the guy.....obviously the coaches don't like Rocco there....who is the guy?

Here's my short list:

1. Rocco

2. Parks

3. Mark M.

4. Rowney

Drake didn't work on that line and I really don't see any other guy that can skate with that group. Its got to be one of these four.

Parks on the top line and Mitch and Mark together

Here's my short list:

1. Rocco

2. Parks

3. Mark M.

4. Rowney

Rowney was not good in his 4 game winger experiment. If it's not Rocco then Parks. Mark and Mitch centered by Rowney. The elephant in the room continues to be Rocco. Tonight, as last pm, he is/will be a top 5-6 forward talent wise overall that will be on the ice.