SiouxSports.com Forum

NORTH DAKOTA @ MINNESOTA - Saturday, one last dance....

AZSIOUX

No wonder folks like PCM left this place behind...

But those "folks" like PCM have no problem swimming in that cesspool of filth and garbage over in the USCHO threads??

Don't feel you should have been labeled/attacked in the manor it was done but over at USCHO that exchange would have been considered a compliment!

• Upvote 2

I had to quit USCHO......hockey has become such a secondary topic there. I enjoyed discussing hockey with other team's fans, but when the blind hatred came into play every single time it wasn't worth it anymore.

Totally agree. Many over there need heavy loads of medication. Truly pathetic IMO.

I had to quit USCHO......hockey has become such a secondary topic there. I enjoyed discussing hockey with other team's fans, but when the blind hatred came into play every single time it wasn't worth it anymore.

USCHO used to have a smaller, more intimate forum where real die-hard fans used to hang out. But when they started that whole "Vote for Hobey" thing, it increased the number of people that had access to the forum. Now it's dominated by a bunch of attention-seeking sloths who know next-to-nothing about college hockey. It is a shame what has happened to it.

• Upvote 1

Their front page and stats are okay, I visit them. I think Tyler and Joe do a pretty good job on their WCHA coverage.

Yep, me too. It was getting old. I used to be on USCHO for a few hours a day, especially during the season. Now...I can't even remember the last time I was on that site...maybe a year or two ago.

Bugstad is a horse with his size and very hard to get off the puck, but you can't barely average a point a game (he averages 1.04) and be considered the best player in college hockey. He is currently 20th in scoring. He disappeared for a third of the games so far . He has the potential to be great but I seldom see the desire. In the Final Four last year he was awful on the biggest stage. He may become a very good pro due to his size but he is not the best college hockey player so far this year.

This past weekend I was disappointed overall that we didn't win a game but I definetly saw Hakstol's point about the improvement of the team. We finally saw Grimaldi as we expected and Caggiula was very good. I was not happy with the Macmilan brothers and it look slike the defensemen have not yet picked up Berry's game BUT...

We could have won both games, in MInnesota, on the big ice. Heck we are still 6th in the Pairwise.

I have said from the beginning of the year that the Sioux have the ability to win a national championship this year. We're going to find out in the next 6-8 weeks if they can come together as a team and use that ability. With 12 games left and our tough schedule I don't think we're going to win the league. Omaha has a very easy schedule and if they don't get upset by Bemidji and Tech they should win the league. But I don't care this year. I want us to be peaking at the Final Five and roll through a regional. We've already played 5 of the top 14 teams that would make the tourney today. Most of those are splits but I think we're getting better.

Enjoy watching Kristo and Knight and Grimaldo and watch us get on a roll now.

• Upvote 2

Does anyone know why in the North Dakota history book the overall win/lost record against Minnesota is 130-137-14 but in the Minnesota record book it shows 130-144-14. Why is there a seven game descrepency?

UMN counts the games where they played the North Dakota club/intramural team, but UND doesn't.

Is this serious?

He's a good player, but SO incredibly inconsistent. He disappears for stretches of a season, and I'm not just talking about a game or two, and I cannot call a guy the best player in the country if they do that. I think he's kind of overrated, to be honest.

Dead serious. He was the most dominant player in the ice. As soon as they get knocked out of the NCAAs he will join FLA's top 6/9, he will also never play an AHL game, unless FLA is out of it this year by the time the gophs season is over. He will get a rookie max contract as well. Remember all this...if I'm wrong u can let me know come March....u seem to be the expert.

Dead serious. He was the most dominant player in the ice. As soon as they get knocked out of the NCAAs he will join FLA's top 6/9, he will also never play an AHL game, unless FLA is out of it this year by the time the gophs season is over. He will get a rookie max contract as well. Remember all this...if I'm wrong u can let me know come March....u seem to be the expert.

Last weekends games against us was the only Gophers Hockey I have watched all year so I can't speak to his consistency.

I will say though that as a fan and spectator of Sioux hockey I haven't had that feeling of helplessness regarding my teams ability to neutralize an opposing player since Nathan Gerbe was playing us in Denver in 08. I understand of course that this is just the view I had.

Last weekends games against us was the only Gophers Hockey I have watched all year so I can't speak to his consistency.

I will say though that as a fan and spectator of Sioux hockey I haven't had that feeling of helplessness regarding my teams ability to neutralize an opposing player since Nathan Gerbe was playing us in Denver in 08. I understand of course that this is just the view I had.

Bjugstad is probably the best talent in college hockey, but he is not the best player in college hockey to date this season...way too inconsistent. Not overrated IMO but he should be much more dominant on a nightly basis than what he is. He should never go a game without being noticed in a huge way but it happens...often.

His goal Saturday was more on Forbort for his total unwillingness to lay a finger on Bjugstad moreso than his talent on that play.

His goal Saturday was more on Forbort for his total unwillingness to lay a finger on Bjugstad moreso than his talent on that play.

two or three years ago this would not have happened, maybe not even last year as blood would have layed more than a finger on him. our d has become way too soft. Even a little farther back I remember watching the 2005 Frozen Four and listening to the ESPN guys just rave about how physical our d was with green and smaby leading the way and now it is almost as if they are afraid to lay a hit on someone other than big mac.