SiouxSports.com Forum

Blurry hockey time! Thanks midco!

Frozen4sioux

I laugh at everyone who trips over themselves to talk so highly of Katie Hale. SHE'S AWFUL! She interviewed Mike Commodore the other night and didn't once mention him by name...called him Commie the entire time, which is fine if it was the two of them, but what about the viewers who don't know who he is. Her voice irritates me too....if I wanted to listen to Marge Gunderson I would throw Fargo into my DVD player. Rip away...

That is par for the course with this crew: Kober, Hak, Muss, Brew, etc...................

It is very irritating.

• Upvote 1

I laugh at everyone who trips over themselves to talk so highly of Katie Hale. SHE'S AWFUL! She interviewed Mike Commodore the other night and didn't once mention him by name...called him Commie the entire time, which is fine if it was the two of them, but what about the viewers who don't know who he is. Her voice irritates me too....if I wanted to listen to Marge Gunderson I would throw Fargo into my DVD player. Rip away...

What would be better? Pat and Jim interviewing a player from "upstairs", or her interviewing them atop her box?

I am not sure...but lean towards the first one...

One thing I do know, any female I have been around who has heard her talk (going back to her "entertainer or emcee" job at the ralph between periods) absolutely can't stand her voice.

• Upvote 1

What would be better? Pat and Jim interviewing a player from "upstairs", or her interviewing them atop her box?

I am not sure...but lean towards the first one...

One thing I do know, any female I have been around who has heard her talk (going back to her "entertainer or emcee" job at the ralph between periods) absolutely can't stand her voice.

I used to attend games at the Ralph during that time, and I thought it was hard to listen to as well. However, when she's on TV her voice is way more tolerable. Maybe it's because she doesn't have to scream into the microphone and it doesn't emphasize the high shrill sounds. It really doesn't bother me on TV like it used to at the Ralph.

I think she does a fine job with the interviews, and she comes across as having a decent knowledge of the game and the right questions to ask.

This!

For those of you wanting Hennessy on television: Who would do radio?

Personally, I end up listening to about 40% of all the games on radio*. Hennessy is the best (and I'm talking all levels) and I would have trouble listening to anyone else.

I put Sweeney and Hammer as about equal. Both have strong points and glaring weaknesses. If I want rambling non sequiturs about regional athletes from 30 years ago, sure, Sweeney's the guy. But many seem to forget those problems.

*I'm at about 50% of games and the other 10% is someone else's TV crew.

I watch all the games on TV but listen to Hennessy on iheartradio. I sync up the TV with the radio broadcast by using my DVR. Works great except when I want to replay something.

Unless things change, a glimpse into the near future. "You can always pay for the webcast". :(

First thing I thought as well, sure hope it isn't the case as this fan base is so big and so spread out! I used to have no problem paying for the webcast when it was actually good. Ill take TH over that all day

Great news! Wow, can't remember missing a sioux home game on direct tv in years now 2 in a week. Not a good trend happening here

Its not good but people have to realize this is the same crap you are going to deal with next year.....get used to paying...for blurry buffering baffoonery.

First thing I thought as well, sure hope it isn't the case as this fan base is so big and so spread out! I used to have no problem paying for the webcast when it was actually good. Ill take TH over that all day

I think that direct tv got wind of how much this guy blows that they are limiting their broadcasts. Leave it to Hammer to be the death of UND hockey on satellite.