SiouxSports.com Forum

Blurry hockey time! Thanks midco!

Frozen4sioux

Be patient my friends.

i have heard from a very good source that big changes and moves are involved for next year

Well, short of being able to see all the home games like we currently can (Fox College Sports channels), I won't get too excited...
  • Upvote 1

Be patient my friends.

i have heard from a very good source that big changes and moves are involved for next year

Of course we know that next year will see HD

The only other good move is to move old hammer back to Fargo to preach his bison love and Give Us Back Sweeney!!

The picture and Hammer haven't bothered me too much, but Kober is terrible. He starts to make a point, forgets where he's going with it midway through the sentence, and then he just stops talking mid-sentence. This is followed by 2 seconds of silence, after which Hammer picks up the play-by-play again.

Feel free to add to this list so it can be forwarded to Midco.

My Midco Complaints.

1. "Get On Your Feet" Intro music, its absolutely horrible (so I turn on some Phil Collins.)

2. HD obviously

3. Hammer calling shots a One-Timer (when its NOT a one timer)

4. No logo's on the back drop.

5. No FSN announcer having the guts to yell Sioux Sioux Sioux during the middle of a game. That was awesome.

My Midco Compliments

1. I am actually fairly happy with Kober vs. the other commentary they have had in the past. I think he will get better as time goes on.

2. I do like having someone interview the players/Haks outside the locker room, not sure she is the right one.

My Midco Compliments

1. I am actually fairly happy with Kober vs. the other commentary they have had in the past. I think he will get better as time goes on.

2. I do like having someone interview the players/Haks outside the locker room, not sure she is the right one.

I believe she's the daughter of the president of the UND alumni foundation so I doubt she's going anywhere.

Feel free to add to this list so it can be forwarded to Midco.

My Midco Complaints.

1. "Get On Your Feet" Intro music, its absolutely horrible (so I turn on some Phil Collins.)

2. HD obviously

3. Hammer calling shots a One-Timer (when its NOT a one timer)

4. No logo's on the back drop.

5. No FSN announcer having the guts to yell Sioux Sioux Sioux during the middle of a game. That was awesome.

My Midco Compliments

Agree, that is a horrible song! Well, probably not horrible, but to hear it over and over and over and over and over....please, get a rotation of at least 5 songs in there!

I always smirk when Katie Hale interviews Dave Hakstol: I wonder how Katie feels about interviewing her older sister's husband.

Of course, it would've been great if Tim O'Keefe would've had Kober's spot. Then when O'Keefe would throw it to Hale for the Hakstol interview it'd be dad throwing it to daughter to interview son-in-law.

If all that didn't make sense to you, buy a program. :D

Katie's alright,love the Margie Gunderson accent. Seriously though, she does seem to know her hockey. I think Midco needs to improve the game atmosphere of their broadcast. Get rid of the Midco screen in the background when ever Hammer an Scott are yammering on camera and have the rink in the background, ala Sweeney and Scanny. It looks like they're back at the studio. Show the National Anthem. (Maybe they don't want....the home of the SIOUX!). Definitely can the cheesy fake rock band. I think most people watching have been to the Ralph and would appreciate capturing a little of the excitement of "being there" other than just the play. A little buildup before the puck drops.

• Upvote 2

Lack of HD is only a small part of the issues with the current MIdco production.

Watching the FoxSportsNorth coverage last weekend, their production should be exhibit A for MIdco Sports Net regarding where they need to go regarding production value and on-air talent.

Except for Wooger, all the on-air talent was fairly restrained on the homer meter IMO. There was very little officiating whining or put-down's of the opposition, which is all too frequent in the Wally/Frank broadcast.

Hankinson and Clymer also did a nice job of providing some true insights. They were also helped by an experienced production staff, which would tee up highlights that Hankinson would elaborate on, avoiding the obvious.

This is the standard Midco should be striving for and their customers should put the pressure on them to follow through.

Currently, the gap his huge.

Lack of HD is only a small part of the issues with the current MIdco production.

Watching the FoxSportsNorth coverage last weekend, their production should be exhibit A for MIdco Sports Net regarding where they need to go regarding production value and on-air talent.

Except for Wooger, all the on-air talent was fairly restrained on the homer meter IMO. There was very little officiating whining or put-down's of the opposition, which is all too frequent in the Wally/Frank broadcast.

Hankinson and Clymer also did a nice job of providing some true insights. They were also helped by an experienced production staff, which would tee up highlights that Hankinson would elaborate on, avoiding the obvious.

This is the standard Midco should be striving for and their customers should put the pressure on them to follow through.

Currently, the gap his huge.

You're comparing Fox Sports, a broadcasting company that has affiliates throughout the country to a regional sports network? You clearly don't realize the budget differences between the two companies for both equipment and talent. UND hockey is great in our minds but for someone outside of Grand Forks, how appealing is doing UND games? Face it, Grand Forks is a big step down compared to Minneapolis when it comes to sports broadcasting. You're comparing 3 full time employees to a company with dozens.

You say Midco should use Fox Sports North as an example of how to do a production, but who is giving them the time to get anywhere close to that level. Most people here are very quick to just say pull the plug but I guarantee that the production quality has increased since that first game this year. The crew is only going to get better.

Plus, people will get their chance to see Midco's HD feed during the first round of the WCHA playoffs.

• Upvote 2

You're comparing Fox Sports, a broadcasting company that has affiliates throughout the country to a regional sports network? You clearly don't realize the budget differences between the two companies for both equipment and talent. UND hockey is great in our minds but for someone outside of Grand Forks, how appealing is doing UND games? Face it, Grand Forks is a big step down compared to Minneapolis when it comes to sports broadcasting. You're comparing 3 full time employees to a company with dozens.

You say Midco should use Fox Sports North as an example of how to do a production, but who is giving them the time to get anywhere close to that level. Most people here are very quick to just say pull the plug but I guarantee that the production quality has increased since that first game this year. The crew is only going to get better.

Plus, people will get their chance to see Midco's HD feed during the first round of the WCHA playoffs.

NICE!

• Upvote 1

Where did you hear this?

Where did you hear this?

From reliable sources within Midco. Once basketball season is over, the HD truck that is in South Dakota will be brought up to UND for the 1st round of the playoffs. The current SD truck will then be stripped and upgraded to HD for next season.

I listen to her and now I know why tigers eat their young...:)

Ive been by far the loudest critic of the abomination this year but Katie has been excellent. A shining gem in the turd pile that has been this production.

She does a good job an no she's not going anywhere.

From reliable sources within Midco. Once basketball season is over, the HD truck that is in South Dakota will be brought up to UND for the 1st round of the playoffs. The current SD truck will then be stripped and upgraded to HD for next season.

That is great news!