SiouxSports.com Forum

Blurry hockey time! Thanks midco!

Frozen4sioux

Midcontinent picture = Looks fine to me for SD picture and should be great once it's HD. It seems most people having issues with the picture are watching on DirectTV. Perhaps it's something on their end.

Hammer = Good enough for me. He seems to be getting better with each game.

Kober = Ugh. He's unable to put his thoughts into words.

Katie Hale = Voice is meh.... but she looks nice :bigsmile:

Not having games on FCS next year = Terrible, but I realize Midco wasn't at fault here. Hopefully something can be done to remedy the situation by next fall so the viewers in other states and those without Midco or access to Midco can still watch the games (and not through internet streaming, nobody wants to do that). What does CBSSN care if a conference game they aren't televising is aired on another national network...

Hammer - I can deal with, he is not the best...but is certainly not the worst that I have heard. I do however wish he would learn how to pronounce certain names properly. It gets annoying trying to figure out who FOR-BORE-EEERRTT (it is hard to spell how he pronounces it) or RAWR-RONENY (again, hard to spell out how he pronounces it) are.

Kober - I think he would be better if he was actually given the chance to formulate his thoughts. Half the time, he is still talking when Hammer jumps in. I think he will improve with time and is just not used to the tv thing yet.

Katie - I actually like her and didn't mind her calling Commie...Commie. I think it makes it more personable because it is more conversations between "friends" than the formal interviews. Plus, I don't think I have ever actually known Commodore as anything other than Commie.

Jayson - Thank you for coming on here to address our concerns and providing what answers you can.

Hammer - I can deal with, he is not the best...but is certainly not the worst that I have heard. I do however wish he would learn how to pronounce certain names properly. It gets annoying trying to figure out who FOR-BORE-EEERRTT (it is hard to spell how he pronounces it) or RAWR-RONENY (again, hard to spell out how he pronounces it) are.

Kober - I think he would be better if he was actually given the chance to formulate his thoughts. Half the time, he is still talking when Hammer jumps in. I think he will improve with time and is just not used to the tv thing yet.

Katie - I actually like her and didn't mind her calling Commie...Commie. I think it makes it more personable because it is more conversations between "friends" than the formal interviews. Plus, I don't think I have ever actually known Commodore as anything other than Commie.

Jayson - Thank you for coming on here to address our concerns and providing what answers you can.

I wonder how many school's media guy comes onto the fan boards with updates and explanations like Jayson does? Thanks Jayson!

Once again, if you have had webcast issues, including constant buffering, I urge you to send us your feedback here:

http://www.undsports...DB_OEM_ID=13500

If you're going to gripe just to gripe, well, I can't help you there. At the end of the day, Midco, in its first year of our partnership, has delivered everything our fans had been pining for: High Definition (coming next year, one year ahead of schedule), a power-play clock, improved graphics, and a broadcast of the outdoor game. Very few announcers are universally liked. Some prefer Pat Sweeney to Dan Hammer, and vice versa. That's the nature of the business. But at some point, Midco has to be acknowledged for providing every upgrade our fans had been asking for, no?

In the first of a five-year partnership, they've been a tremendously proactive partner. This is a good thing.

Is there a way to pause \ delay the webcast tomorrow night? I have a prior commitment so I cannot watch the game live. In years past the pause functionality did not work.

Thanks.

Once again, if you have had webcast issues, including constant buffering, I urge you to send us your feedback here:

http://www.undsports...DB_OEM_ID=13500

If you're going to gripe just to gripe, well, I can't help you there. At the end of the day, Midco, in its first year of our partnership, has delivered everything our fans had been pining for: High Definition (coming next year, one year ahead of schedule), a power-play clock, improved graphics, and a broadcast of the outdoor game. Very few announcers are universally liked. Some prefer Pat Sweeney to Dan Hammer, and vice versa. That's the nature of the business. But at some point, Midco has to be acknowledged for providing every upgrade our fans had been asking for, no?

In the first of a five-year partnership, they've been a tremendously proactive partner. This is a good thing.

Yes, but did they try for Doc Emmerick, or did they just settle for Hammer?

;)

At the end of the day, Midco, in its first year of our partnership, has delivered everything our fans had been pining for: High Definition (coming next year, one year ahead of schedule), a power-play clock, improved graphics, and a broadcast of the outdoor game.

FTA is missing from that list. HD FTA would be even nicer. We weren't pining for FTA because we've had it for years.

• Upvote 2

In the US, Doc is by far the best hockey play by play guy. Did anyone see his coverage of the pee wee girls just before the lockout ended. This guy could get you to watch pee wee girls and love every minute of it.

I beg to differ, Rick Janneret is the best and most exciting play by play guy around. Doc is a very close second but does not have the same passion as Rick.

I beg to differ, Rick Janneret is the best and most exciting play by play guy around. Doc is a very close second but does not have the same passion as Rick.

So I did a little internet research and according to the bleacher report's top 50 announcers, Doc is #1 and Rick is #4. I would have to say that it is matter of personal opinion. They did include canadian and color men in this report. I am talking just US play by play. I did look at some of Ricks calls and he is really good. I would settle for him as a replacement for Hammer also. :lol:

So I did a little internet research and according to the bleacher report's top 50 announcers, Doc is #1 and Rick is #4. I would have to say that it is matter of personal opinion. They did include canadian and color men in this report. I am talking just US play by play. I did look at some of Ricks calls and he is really good. I would settle for him as a replacement for Hammer also. :lol:

I think both are good announcers... I also like Jack Edwards of the Boston Bruins. :)